We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DC
Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

Can anyone help us decide which housing to go for? the Beach Villas seem a bit iffy, but right on the beach. Can anyone recommend villa #s there? Tamarindo seems lower quality, but also on a beach. Seabourne or Bahia Marina seem of a nicer quality, but reviews were iffy. I know we won't get luxe accomodations on Culebra, but we are looking for something clean, low on must/mold, decent mattresses and and fewer bugs in the house.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
1. Re: Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

out of the 4. BAHIA MARINA IS YOUR BEST BET !!! they have a pool, two restaurants, and the best view in CULEBRA. the apartments are very nice.

www.bahiamarina.net

www.islaculebra.com

good luck,

doda

Backandforth
2. Re: Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

Definitely stay away from Tamarindo -- it looks nice on the website, but wait. The "suites" are tiny, and you just want to go sit outside on the small porches; unfortunately, you can't because the bugs are so bad. Get into the pool and you have to stay underwater to keep from getting bitten. Go down to the "beach" and you can't walk barefoot; all broken coral and rock. Inside the water, it's full of sea-urchins. There's only one place where you can pick your way through the reefs to swimmable water.

It's overpriced and misleadingly advertised.

DC
3. Re: Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

thanks so much for the advice on Tamarindo. Good to know!

DC
4. Re: Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

Doda- about Bahia Marina. What about the condition of the rooms? we care less about view than we do about things like whether we will get a decent night's sleep in a clean place. Don't get me wrong; we want a view, but are content to get it by sitting on the beach. Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
5. Re: Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

if all you are really concerned with is a decent clean place . then i highly recommend CASA ENSENADA.

www.casaensenada.com

this place is great, they have a 3 room apt -THE GRANDE,, a large studio/ kitchenette.-ESTUDIO- and a small version i don't remember what they call that one. this place is super clean and is stocked with everything you might need.they are right on the bay and have water access- no beach - they are blocks from the ferry and 4 from the airport. they will pick you from either at no cost. plus they are pretty much within walking distance to most everything but the beaches. we like staying here, and will be there 9/15-9/18.in the ESTUDIO. BAHIA MARINA 'S ROOMS ARE CLEAN AND DECENT ENOUGH BUT ON THE EXPENSIVE SIDE.plus they are far from town and restaurants. CASA ENSENADA on the other hand is very affordable and is a good value. check out their website and let me know what you think.

good luck,

doda

Melbourne, Florida
6. Re: Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

We are going to stay at Casa Ensenada in January. Jackie is very prompt in answering e-mails along with helping with questions. I researched a long time before making a decision on CE. It had the most consistent positive reviews. Good luck

North Jersey
7. Re: Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

even though flamenco beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in America, the villas guarantee roaches/flies, no maid service, and not upto code (safeness). Tamarindo isn't great quality. Try Bahia Marina to stay and "el Batey" for some local Purto Rican fun.

North Jersey
8. Re: Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

By the way RENT A JEEP from Carlos Jeep Rental, you'll have the most fun all around the entire ISLAND!!!

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 15
9. Re: Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

Club Seabourne- even though it is not on a beach, you will rent a jeep, right? The food and bar are superior (in my opinion) to Bahia Marina (we had a very poor meal there and were very disappointed) and it is closer to town and for heading to the beaches. The only thing I found appealing about Bahia Marina was the view and you will be out all day every day looking at that somewhere, right?

We drove over to look at Tamarindo and, just as people had told us, it was next door to a dump. Literally. I was not at all impressed with the looks of the beach villas and you are so far from town at night on a bumpy, winding road. We stayed at Villa Boheme which is not for everyone but we liked it- on the harbour, convenient, clean and nice view for a great price for first timers. If I went back I would definitely go for Club Seabourne.

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 15
10. Re: Tamarindo vs. Beach Villas vs. Seabourne vs. Bahia Marina

Also, I second that about Carlos Jeep- our jeep was brand new and the people were very nice.

Don't miss Juanita Bananas for a special dinner- make reservations. Our favorite place was Mamacita's- good breakfast, dinner and bar.

Zoni Beach is gorgeous!