We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
questions

I know in St. John, it is ok to have an open container in your car...I'm not talking about being drunk and driving, but I'm talking about enjoying a beer on the beach at sunset....just curious.

Also, would it be better to buy alcohol in the states, or buy on Culebra...what are the prices of rum?

Would anyone suggest bringing dry goods from home, or will it make that much of a difference in cost?

Are there any places to buy a beach chair or umbrella, or should I bring those as well?

THANKS GUYS!!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
1. Re: questions

try posting this ?? in the forum at

www.islaculebra.com

as their forum is at times a bit more active.

good luck,

doda

Grayson, Georgia
reviews: 7
2. Re: questions

I have not visited Culebra so I can't speak for the prices and policies there. However, I noticed in the Puerto Rico grocery stores that alcohol is about the same price as at home (for us anyway). Bacardi was about $10 for a 750mL bottle. Bacardi seems to be slightly less expensive at the factory ($8.25), but not the same value you find in duty-free Caribbean ports. We waited until we got to the island and then bought bottles of rum and Coke.

You'll probably find that dry goods are about the same price as home, also. I brought plenty of my own because I could stock up when my stores were having sales. I saved some money that way, but they did take up quite a bit of luggage space.

Hopefully this helps answer some of your questions.

Northeast Ohio
reviews: 37
3. Re: questions

I know in St. John, it is ok to have an open container in your car...I'm not talking about being drunk and driving, but I'm talking about enjoying a beer on the beach at sunset....just curious.

***Not a problem--you will get a ticket for not wearing your seat belt before you need to worry about having an open container (as long as you're not being stupid)****

Also, would it be better to buy alcohol in the states, or buy on Culebra...what are the prices of rum?

*******Prices for everything are a little higher on the island (they do have to pay to get it there) and selections are more limited. If you have to have a particular brand of something, bring a bottle. If you don't, it's appreciated if you buy there and support the local economy.*****

Would anyone suggest bringing dry goods from home, or will it make that much of a difference in cost?

********See above answer. Also, how are you getting to the island? If you are flying from the big island, you have a weight limit on the plane.*****

Are there any places to buy a beach chair or umbrella, or should I bring those as well?

********Yes, I have definitely seen beach chairs for sale, maybe umbrellas. Again, see above answers.******

Feel free to ask anything else.

4. Re: questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 12, 2009