We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

culebra or dorado please help!

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
danvers
reviews: 26
culebra or dorado please help!

Read some information culebra has a mosquito problem? My husband hates them ----- Dorado's location is close to old san juan? maybe can take a day trip to culebra instead? How are beaches in Dorado? are they the white sandy long beaches? Are they crowded the beaches in dorado? Thanks!

Culebra
reviews: 11
1. Re: culebra or dorado please help!

Good evening,

As mentioned in another post, there are mosquitos all over the tropics, which means all over the Caribbean. The mosquitos are not unique to Culebra, nor, would I consider them to be a "problem" in Culebra.

I did a triathlon in Dorado in the last year. It is not "close" to Old San Juan, but rather about an hour or so.

While the beaches on the big island (including Dorado) are pretty, you don't have the powdery white sand & turquoise waters like in Culebra.

Even if you chose to do a "day trip" to Culebra (which I actually don't recommend as Culebra has so much to offer & with the time/energy to get to /from the outer islands a min. 2 day visit is always best) you will still encounter mosquitos. Although, you will meet mosquitos on the main island as well.

Best,

Terrie

Palmetto GH, Culebra

San Juan
reviews: 3
2. Re: culebra or dorado please help!

You are going to find mosquitos all over Puerto Rico, all over the caribbean. If you are worried about dengue, use some protection. I never use because i live here and wearing daily chemicals on my skin for 5 or 6 months per year is out of the question, it is just accepted as part of living in the tropics. I got dengue for the first time in my life last year, it is a lottery. In some parts of the world people have to face tornados or snowstorms, here we have to face mosquitos, hurricanes.

3. Re: culebra or dorado please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 08, 2012