We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 69
Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

Just got back from the Melia Cayo Coco. Does anyone have any questions?

Chester, United...
reviews: 21
1. Re: Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

Hope you had a good holiday. Just wanted to ask if the weather was good - I know rain can be expected at this time of year. How about the mozzies? Was the food as good as expected, was the resort full, could you get a shady bed?!

I've enjoyed reading some of your other reviews, so I hope you post one on your Stay at the Melia too.

Many thanks

Cheers 💝

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 69
2. Re: Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

Hello

Yes currently finishing my very detailed review. Should have it done by tonight.

Yes it was hard to get shade you had to be up early (7am) to get down to put your towel down to get shade.

The food.... I don't know what everyone else on TA says about food. It's typical Cuban food. Very bland. The buffet was pretty much the same thing for 7 days. All 4 of us had stomach issues while we were there (we travel all the time and never get sick). 3 of us are still having issues and we've been home for a week.

The weather was nice. The resort is pretty windy which was nice not to roast in the sun. We did have 2 small rain showers while we were there. They both only lasted 10-15 minutes then cleared afterwards.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

uk
reviews: 28
3. Re: Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

Hi glad you had a fab time ,we are staying at melia twin centre going to Havana few days then at melia cay coco ,what rooms looked good to you ,how do you book restaurants ? What was your fav ,any tip on what I should pack ,did you do any trips were they worth the money ,talking of money how much should I bring ,what was there lots of mozzies ? In bathrooms was there shower gel ect did you like it by the pool or beach best ,I think that's all my ? For now : ) thankyou

Dartmouth, Canada
reviews: 10
4. Re: Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

Please let us know in your review how the night-life was while you were there, not so much regarding the shows they put on, but more so about the live music/dancing type of entertainment that was available. Or if it was just really quiet after the shows were over?

-thanks-

Chester, United...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

Thanks Canadawj for your prompt response - much appreciated. Sorry to hear you had some stomach problems. Think you've also stayed at Melia Guillermo but which did you prefer?

Cheers 💝

Edited: 11:17 am, May 01, 2013
Toronto, Canada
6. Re: Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

Our departure from Cayo Coco sucks - around 10 PM - which means we'll have to hang around the resort after 11 AM without a room.

I read on the hotel's official site for a superior lagoon room "Late check-out is guaranteed until 15:00 hours". What do they charge for this service?

Dartmouth, Canada
7. Re: Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

- did you notice any construction going on at the new resort next door?

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 64
8. Re: Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

3BeaglesMama

If you are looking for a late check-out ask at the front reception a day or 2 before you are to leave. If the resorts not at capacity I'm sure the can accomadate you. There will be a charge either hourly or flat rate for 4 or 5 hrs. It can range anywhere from 6 - 10 CUC/hr or 20 - 40 CUC for 4 or 5 hrs. Prices can vary resort to resort. Of course as I said all depends on availability.

Cheers

Dartmouth, Canada
9. Re: Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

Hopefully my last questions!

- is the buffet air conditioned? (how many of a la cartes are air conditioned?)

- in the standard rooms, do they provide stocked mini bar, or just water?

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 3
10. Re: Melia Cayo Coco- just got back. Any questions?

Were the beds hard as rocks? Was there lots of Mosquitoes and if so was wearing repellent enough to keep them away or where they in your face while trying to dine in the evening?

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco