We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report (lots of photos)

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 28
Trip report (lots of photos)

I spend two glorious weeks in Newfoundland in July and am currently working on a trip report (it also covers additional 10 days spend getting there and back home).

So far I am on day 3 of the Newfoundland portion, and for anyone interested in some Newfie photos please, follow along! I hope it gives a small tasting to those planning their first trip, and brings back memories to those who have visited it already.

Day 1 - arrival in Port Aux Basques, a misty first day in Newfoundland

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

Day 2 - hiking the Lookout Trail and other tidbits

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

Day 3 - riding around and touring Western Brook Pond

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

For those interested in more photos from the trip, the portion preceding Newfoundland, you can also check out Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia here: …friskyfreeze.com/tag/…

More to come: going up to St. Anthony, T'Railway, Bonavista, St John's, Avalon, and back through New Hempshire's White Mountain National Forest and New York's Lake Placid!

Edited: 11:04 am, October 11, 2013
23 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
11. Re: Trip report (lots of photos)

And another one hot off the oven:

Twillingate

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 594
12. Re: Trip report (lots of photos)

Great third installment!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
reviews: 23
13. Re: Trip report (lots of photos)

As before, wonderful commentary and photos..................keep it coming!....p.s.-hope you got your waffles for breakfast....you must have been starved by that time....

Edited: 11:13 am, November 10, 2013
Toronto, Canada
14. Re: Trip report (lots of photos)

Oh yes, there were waffles, and many other things. One thing I like about B&B's is that they often try to impress you with breakfast :)

St. John's, Canada
reviews: 10
15. Re: Trip report (lots of photos)

Great comments about the area. Too bad it was so rainy, but that's NL for you!

Banks, Oregon
reviews: 20
16. Re: Trip report (lots of photos)

BlueSky, I am SO darned impressed! Your photos are simply amazing! (my pics of my trip a few years ago just do not compare) just the pictures still in my heart. You must have a very fine camera and you also have a very good eye with textures, colors and angles. Very well done!!! I SO need to go back. sigh

Toronto, Canada
17. Re: Trip report (lots of photos)

It's been a while and my report is finally complete. The last entry I posted here was ending in Clarenville, the next one up is exploring a little bit of Bonavista:

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

After that, we're off to a multi-day stay in St. John's, for a bit of city roaming:

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

Whale watching:

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

General riding around:

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

And heading back, towards Grand Falls-Windsor:

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/12/going-back-west/

After which we have our last day in Newfoundland, cross back to mainland, and enter the United States:

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

The last two have no Newfoundland, but I will include them for completeness. The penultimate day was highlighted by a ride up to Mt. Washington, NH:

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

And the last one was at Lake Placid / Whiteface mountain:

…friskyfreeze.com/2013/…

I hope you enjoy following along!

St. John's, Canada
reviews: 10
18. Re: Trip report (lots of photos)

I loved your report about the Bonavista Peninsula. Having lived in Elliston for 3 years, and currently having a summer home in Newmans Cove, it was lovely to see some views of the area through someone else`s eyes. And gorgeous pictures of the puffins! Great to see you made it to the Patterson`s Bonavista Social Club in Upper Amherst Cove. That area of the coast is certainly scenic.

Rocky Harbour...
reviews: 2
19. Re: Trip report (lots of photos)

You've done an amazing job with the blog through photos! We will be highly recommending visitors to check it out when trip planning to Newfoundland and Labrador. Thanks

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 44
20. Re: Trip report (lots of photos)

What a wonderful, wonderful trip report and gorgeous photographs! We will be doing a 4 week road trip this summer and your comments are so helpful and the pictures make us look forward to this trip even more. Thank so much for sharing, it must be a lot of work!

Reply to: Trip report (lots of photos)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted