We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary suggestion around Gros Morne National Park

New York City, New...
Itinerary suggestion around Gros Morne National Park

I plan to spend 5-6 days around Gros Morne Nat'l Park as part of 2 weeks vacation. And I would like to get some suggestion on detailed itinerary. Both my husband and I love hiking and definitely want to do as much as possible. Thanks.

St. John's, Canada
reviews: 21
1. Re: Itinerary suggestion around Gros Morne National Park

Oh so much to do!!! The Gros Morne region is full of interesting hiking trails, from beginner to advanced. My favourites:

The Tablelands (looks like Arizona which is completely different from normal NL terrain)

Gros Morne mountain - only attempt if the weather forecast is good

Green Gardens - a field hike that takes you to the coast line and sea stacks formed by ancient volcanos

The interpretation centre in Gros Morne National Park is excellent -- I recommend speaking with the staff there about any hikes, and do try to attend at last one of their entertaining evening information sessions.

I also recommend doing the Western Brook Pond freshwater fjord boat tour. It's a 30-40 minute easy hike to the dock, buy tickets in Rocky Harbour.

Welcome to NL and enjoy!

Pittsburgh, PA...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Itinerary suggestion around Gros Morne National Park

Absolutely do not miss the Western Brook Pond boat tour.

NL
reviews: 1
3. Re: Itinerary suggestion around Gros Morne National Park

You are going to have a great trip! I thought I would send along this website as it has lots of great information on all the hikes and trails in the west coast http://artandcarol.ca/artandcarol/index.htm. They are a couple that live in Western Newfoundland and they are very active and can offer you their personal experience on many trails. You will also see many beautiful pictures! I find their info very interesting - hopefully of use to you as well! Enjoy NL!!

Dayton, Ohio and...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Itinerary suggestion around Gros Morne National Park

That website was a very nice read indeed, thanks.

New York City, New...
5. Re: Itinerary suggestion around Gros Morne National Park

Many thanks for the very helpful information. And very much looking forward to the trip to NL.

Nelson, Canada
reviews: 3
6. Re: Itinerary suggestion around Gros Morne National Park

We did a hike on the extreme southern edge of the park on the south side of the bay opposite Rocky Harbour. Have to drive all around the bay to get there, but the shoreline hike was fascinating. Could do the short or long hike. Deserted, dramatic and bonzai-like wind sculpted trees all the way down to the shore. After our hike we hit a small restaurant just outside the parks south entrance and dined on the catch or the day. Pure magic.

7. Re: Itinerary suggestion around Gros Morne National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gros Morne National...