We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

Which Calella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MERSEYSIDE
reviews: 53
Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

I will be travelling with my dad, probably by car so don't want to be tied to an arrival date. We would be looking for a two bedroomed apartment, doesn't necessarily need a pool or anything as long as its say no more than 10 mins from the beach. What are our chances? Have been in this area in July / August (Pineda and Malgrat) and have seen rental signs but don't know anything about number of bedrooms etc.

Anyone done this?

MERSEYSIDE
1. Re: Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

bump

southern england
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
reviews: 19
2. Re: Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

you dont say how long you are going for, or how many days leeway you are looking at on your arrival date.

assuming you are only talking about 1 or 2 days difference to the start date of your holiday it would be easier to book a hotel room for the odd night(s) although the price for a walk up booking would be high.

trying to book a private apartment on arrival will probably be very stress inducing, if possible, and i think you would be better booking something in advance.try contacting the lloret tourist office who may be able to help you

some info on rentals here

http://lloretdemar.org/en/where-to-sleep

also check out costa encantada hotel which may be able to cater for you.

MERSEYSIDE
3. Re: Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

Thanks for that, we are looking round about two weeks but don't want it set in stone, we would be looking to arrived about 26th/27th June. The cost for 2 is probably not going to be cheap anyway as we are dad and daughter so therefore 2 rooms etc

I will have a look at the encantada

MERSEYSIDE
4. Re: Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

Just had a look at that hotel and it's in Lloret, definitely don't want LLoret, we were looking at Calella. Have I got the wrong hotel?

southern england
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
reviews: 19
5. Re: Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

sorry, i was thinking of something else and got distracted mid thread. meant to post this link

www.calellabarcelona.com/default.asp…

try contacting them direct for more information as they are usually very helpful.

MERSEYSIDE
6. Re: Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

Thank you again. Will have a look

MERSEYSIDE
7. Re: Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

I am starting to wonder if 2 single rooms may be cheaper! Given that we are dad and daughter we do not want to share a room! However we would like a living room. While I accept that it is fair enough that 2 people share a room, normally a one bedroom would do (assuming most bookings are couples etc) One bedroom for us means a sofa bed for one of us (more than likely me!!) I do not sleep on a sofa bed at home so I do not consider it a holiday if I have to make the thing up every day. I want a bit of privacy so that's a none starter!! I have also looked at the bungalow things on the campsites as I have stayed in these before (when circumstances were different) so I know the layout of them and they are two bedrooms (albeit tiny) but the cost is just silly.

Back to the drawing board! It's probably cheaper to do a package but that is not what we want.

MERSEYSIDE
8. Re: Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

a-ha!! I have finally found a website with what I need and I may even have found a reasonably priced 2 bed with parking!

niumba.com/en/…calella

9. Re: Just turning up at the end of June and finding accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Calella
Recent Conversations