We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma Nova - October Half Term

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scarborough
reviews: 4
Palma Nova - October Half Term

We are looking to visit Majorca for the first time in the October half term 2013. Palma Nova is one of the resorts we are thinking about, specifically the Marina Terranova Hotel. Can I get some idea on what Palma Nova is like at this time of year? Particularly for families, as we don't want to be subjected to some of the things that you see going on on TV in the height of summer, as we have a 12 year old daughter with us.

Also what is the resort like for the disabled as one of our party needs the use of a wheelchair?

We don't expect the resort to be in full swing at this time of year, just as long as it isn't like a ghost town. We like to have a walk round on a night, a nice meal and a few drinks.

Any advice would be gratefully received, thanks in advance.

glasgow
reviews: 13
1. Re: Palma Nova - October Half Term

Hi myself, husband and 2 kids are going to Viva Palmanova for the Scottish October break. My boy and girl are 10 and 8, and we picked the Viva because it has family focused entertainment on day and night, but is also close to lots of restaurants and shops. As far as I am aware the complex is all on the flat and has garden rooms too which would be ideal for you. We booked ours through Travel Republic and the price was much cheaper than booking directly through Viva's website. We are also going to the Pirates Show and Katmandu Park when we are there, and have not heard any bad reports about accessibility at them.

Scarborough
2. Re: Palma Nova - October Half Term

I think viva torrenova is a different hotel, we are looking at marina torrenova, thanks for the info though.

Poole, United...
reviews: 10
3. Re: Palma Nova - October Half Term

If you have a wheelchair user i wouldn't pick a hotel on the Torrenova as its up a hill. Look at somewhere flat like the Mirlos Tordos or Viva Palma Nova as mentioned above. Also worth a mention is the Santa Lucia and the Hawaii which is at the very edge of the Torrenova so very little hill. They are all further away from Magalluf as your concerned about rowdiness although it wont be like mid summer by that late there are still stag and hen do's about.

scotland
reviews: 22
4. Re: Palma Nova - October Half Term

yes I agree with above post not torrenova if you use wheelchair its a very steep hill we were there last oct during Scottish school hols and its fine busy enough last gasp of sun before resorts close at end of oct marina torrenova was excellent this year however we are going to centre of resort all flat to cala blanca love the resort we go to santa lucia in april also on the flat go and enjoy.no concerns about magaluf its far enough away the young ones are not interested in visiting palma nova

Edited: 10:34 am, September 12, 2013
north east
reviews: 23
5. Re: Palma Nova - October Half Term

If I am correct is the marina torrenova directly opposite the hawaii aprts? I am sure thats the hotel and yep its a bit of a hill, Its easy enough for a pushchair but should imagine pushing a wheelchair would be hard and maybe look somewhere flatter, the tobago is at the bottom of the hill on the flat x

Scarborough
6. Re: Palma Nova - October Half Term

I take the point on the hill, hopefully though it will be managable. The deal coming up for the Torrenova really is the clincher as I can't get anything else anywhere near the same price. It might be a case of walking there and getting a taxi back if needs be, not that we do that much wandering really.

How far is it from the Torrenova to the main area of Palma Nova or Magaluf? Also if anyone has an idea of how much a taxi would be, that would be helpfull?

Also some insight into what the area is like around the hotel and in the centre, any info would be appreciated. We don't do a lot of drinking but do like a nice meal with a couple of drinks especially with a nice sea view if there is anywhere recommended?

Thanks in advance

north east
7. Re: Palma Nova - October Half Term

we just got back and Im itching to get back out again, looking up holidays in the kids spring break lol we stayed in torrenova but walked over to palma nova along the torrebova seafront most evenings there is tonnes of gorgeous seafront bars/restaurants and some with some good entertainment (better singers than in our hotel!) The walk along the prom is also good for wheelchairs etc. We didnt eat in the blue bar but heard very good reviews and it looks out over the beach/sea always looked so inviting and relaxing in there!

Id say the walk across to palma nova side takes 5 to 8 mins max depending on how fast you walk, we had kids dawdling!

Magaluff is surprisingly close literally turn left at bottom of hill by the waikiki and you come to the lively magaluff hotel however we stayed at the hawaii aparts (literally just across from your hotel) and we were never bothered by any noise or revelers, I think most of the younger lively crowd prefer to be in the centre of magaluf where its all happening, again its a really short walk if you fancy a wander to see whats going on, we went at around 9pm ish to the strip and then along magaluf beach and it was surprisingly quiet, I believe it livens up a lot later in evening.

Around the hotel was quiet, its like I say up a hill, its quiet, not much going on,I dont know where the hill leads but no one seemed to go up that way so nothing of interest further up than the hotels it seems! You have a supermarket across road and several down the hill,all the essentials are there.

I think taxis are about 4 euro from either magaluf or palma nova thats what we were told, taxi from airport cost 46 euro in evening and 41 euro in day.

north east
8. Re: Palma Nova - October Half Term

p.s you can see the marina torrenova on google streetview and from front entrance go out on street and view the hill to give you an idea, some people describe it as a mountain in reviews but tbh I didnt find it too bad x

Edited: 6:10 am, September 13, 2013
Scarborough
9. Re: Palma Nova - October Half Term

Thanks very much for all that great info ljmc1, it really is useful for us. I didn't realise that Palma Nova and Magaluf were so close to the hotel. I think we will have to go to the Magaluf strip, just to say we have been but don't think it will be after midnight, the partying days are long gone now. Much prefer a nice meal and looking out to a nice sea view nowadays.

The hill will have to be nefotiated now, be it walking or pushing or in a taxi, I have booked for 25 October for 7 nights. So look out Magaluf here we come!!!

north east
10. Re: Palma Nova - October Half Term

You will have a great time, we stayed in torrenova end August when it was still busy and no trouble, lovely area, nice familys ,pleasant locals we had a ball, hope you do aswell :)

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova