We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirlos Tordos

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Shields...
reviews: 8
Mirlos Tordos

Hi

We booked for July 2013

2 adults a 4 year old & a 1 year old

Will we get a family room?

Worried its gonna be 2 beds, a camp bed & a cot, in a normal sized room :s

wirral
reviews: 76
1. Re: Mirlos Tordos

There is now much stricter control by the local authorities of Majorcan hotels and how many guests per room,officially.

Did you specifically request "Family Room" (specific words used by the hotel to describe the larger bedrooms of which there are not many)? Or did you specify one room to accommodate Mum and Dad and 2 children? With whom did you book eg a travel agent, a booking agent or direct with SolMelia Hotels? I have booked Sol Mirlos twice in previous years through Travel Republic and the prices were very competitve.I got what I asked for.

If you did book a Family Room (they are at a supplementary cost) that is what you WILL get. If you left it to somebody else to decide and book a room that would accommodate 2 adults and 2 children then a Family Room is what you SHOULD get, as the standard doubles don't meet the required space standards for 4.But I would check with whom you booked especially if you are under the impression you were not charged a supplement for the extra room space.

Especially for July the Family Rooms sell out fast so get on to this as soon as you can.

Btw excellent hotel and you should all expect to have a great time.

Hotels Sol Mirlos/Tordos are now closed for the winter and you should expect them to re-open for 2013 on 1 May.

South Shields...
2. Re: Mirlos Tordos

I booked through Thomas Cook, about £1600 for 1 week. I didn't specifically say family room so I need to ring the agent to check this.

There's 13 of us all together going, some have been before but I haven't. There are definitely family rooms still available (I checked on the direct website).

wirral
reviews: 76
3. Re: Mirlos Tordos

Yes you do need to check with Thomas Cook.But generally you get a printed Booking Confirmation which itemises all the components of your holiday including flight details/hotel/room type and how many occupants/board arrangements(presumably All Inclusive)/dates of departure and return.So you shouldn't have to speculate.

But perhaps as you are going in a party another member of your group has all the contacts with the travel agent and all the paperwork.

Hampshire England
reviews: 59
4. Re: Mirlos Tordos

AFAIA you can only have 4 in a room at the MT in a family room. They simply won't allow it in the other rooms, max 3 and that's it.

MT is All inc only now. It used to do HB as well but has stopped it.

Check your TC booking confirmation, it should itemise *exactly* how many rooms you have reserved.

South Shields...
5. Re: Mirlos Tordos

As my youngest will only be 1, I'm not sure they would put us in a family room. I will be ringing today I check.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 17
6. Re: Mirlos Tordos

Thomas cook will only have a certain number of rooms in each hotel, i would get back onto Thomas Cook

Don't want to panic you, but its possible you could have a rom (standard) with 2 single beds and bunk beds or 2 single beds, 1 fold up bed & 1 cot

Hampshire England
reviews: 59
7. Re: Mirlos Tordos

Bunk beds BS?

Haven't seen that layout. Can't think that the rooms in the Tordos are big enough to accommodate bunks.

But with a one year old I think a cot is on the cards.

South Shields...
8. Re: Mirlos Tordos

We took out oldest on holiday when she was 18months and had a third bed, not a cot. As the youngest will be 18 months this time, is he not too big for a cot? I wouldn't mind bunk beds if we couldn't get a family room but really don't want a third bed and a cot coz won't have room to breathe!

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 17
9. Re: Mirlos Tordos

m2s,

bunk beds ??

you can see bunk beds both on theTripadvisor reviews photos/pictures section (look around May2012) also on the Mirlos/Tordos facebook photo's page

also bunkbeds have been mentioned before on this forum, over the years I've seen bunk beds in some rooms over the years

after all its only the same configuration in the rooms, its just the extra bed on top on the existing one

Derluk,

as other have mentioned in this thread, I'd check your Thomas Cook booking confirmation, this should state excatly what you have (in terms of type of room) then I'd query/check what Thomas Cook comsider as a family room, taking into acccount you would expect to pay an extra premium for this type of room

peterhead
reviews: 1
10. Re: Mirlos Tordos

thinking of booking this hotel but just me and husband and daughter and her boyfriend 18 and 22,is it just for families or would it be okay for us?

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova