We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday in winter

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
shropshire uk
reviews: 2
holiday in winter

hi all ,im off to palma nova in mid january.Reading some posts people are not encouraged to visit this area .Most saying its dead and full of oldies !!Well this will be my 3rd january,i love it i know we have probably been lucky but we have had blue skies in the day,nice little bars open,met some lovely people.Oh and i dont concider myself an oldie.SO PALMA NOVA see you on jan 18th

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
reviews: 41
1. Re: holiday in winter

Have a great time!

palma nova
reviews: 4
2. Re: holiday in winter

when we reply saying its dead we mean compared to hight of season ans yes some places do stay open but lots do close .im so glad you enjoy it in jan so many ppl do .we are finding now tho more and more people are being told by travel agents that its a year round rwesort it certainly is'ntonly last week 2 young lads posted saying they were going and asking about all clubs and disco's [ they had been told they would be open ] .i personally would love it to be a all year round resort but im afraid its getting worse every year with more closing than ever

have a nice time and enjoy it

moocher

Surrey
reviews: 6
3. Re: holiday in winter

Oh yes chezzie, I would absolutely agree with you. I actually love the area in the winter, the only problem is that the choice of bars and restaurants has become more and more limited over the years - and to be honest - if you go and are looking for the magaluf/palma nova of the summer then you will be very disappointed - it is only fair for people to be aware of what to expect.

It is not just Palma Nova that is great during the winter - the whole island becomes easy to get round, parking is easy etc etc.

shropshire uk
reviews: 2
4. Re: holiday in winter

well i best be trueful we aint young clubbers,we are in our forties.I probably wouldn,t advise young groups to go if they wanted a lot of night life.Do you think majorca wants the year round tourist ,if they do perhaps they need to market it differently.Ibiza is trying to make itself a winter resort i dont know if it will happen coz there is only one airline doing direct flights from uk.At least its easy to get to Majorca.OH and merry Xmas to you all

Surrey
reviews: 6
5. Re: holiday in winter

Well, all I can think is that either they make enough in the May to November season to take them through the winter and/or hotel migrate to other places to work.

This has happened gradually over the last 25 years - I guess as the far east and carribean have become cheaper with guaranteed heat.

When we first went to Mallorca 35 years ago Christmas was really something in the area - it was really busy. It is a shame as you say, especially as the flight is so short that it is so easy.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
reviews: 9
6. Re: holiday in winter

I can assure you that it is not because they have made so much in the summer. It is often more economic to close in the winter and save on overheads, as there are just not enough people to make it worthwhile. Most hotels and bar owners would be more than happy to see Mallorca as a truly all-year-round destination.

wirral
reviews: 81
7. Re: holiday in winter

Majorca a year-round holiday destination? Sorry it's not going to happen. The weather is unreliable in the winter and there is now too much competition from the likes of the Canaries, Egypt, Cape Verde to attract visitors in numbers (hence the last-minute reduction in the Thomson/First Choice winter 2008/9 Majorca programme).

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
reviews: 9
8. Re: holiday in winter

Wirral ~ I realise it's not going to happen unfortunately, but I was just trying to answer the previous query.

9. Re: holiday in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, October 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova