We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

Which Magaluf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester England
reviews: 27
The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

To everyone..........

I have said for a long time now, "how on earth can the Sol Guadalupe be just a 3 star hotel"?

With all the improvements that it has made,especially over the past two years(see my review below), it had to be moving towards a 4 star?????

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g580303-d2…

I can now tell you that the Sol Guadalupe for 2011 will stay as a 3star hotel,but there will be new mattresses in all rooms that are much deeper than the previous ones(13cm deep to 18cm deep)...

Secondly all rooms will have brand new tv's which I believe will be flatscreens...............

And all rooms will have fridges.................the fridges will most probably be like other hotels where they will be stocked up and you pay for what you use?

So anyone going to the Sol Guadalupe in 2011 will have a 4**** hotel service for the price of a 3*** with all of above in place from the opening which is the 1st May 2011 onwards............

BUT...................the Sol Guadalupe are intending to go as a 4*** hotel for the 2012 season onwards..........

In my eyes.............not before time!!!!!!!!!!!!

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Edited: 8:30 am, December 20, 2010
Hampshire England
reviews: 63
1. Re: The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

Clearly the improvements are very welcome, and it's a top notch hotel, - as are most of the Sol group IMHO.

But the whisper is that the Guadalupe is to also go All Inc next year?

chesterfield
reviews: 34
2. Re: The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

magaluf park is going all/inc next year i was informed by the bar owner opposite the entrance to hotel

black n white bar ?

Edited: 7:32 pm, December 20, 2010
Manchester England
3. Re: The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

Mark.............

Never listen to whispers!!!!!!lol...lol..(note the laughter!)

The Sol Guadalupe will NOT be going All Inclusive and WILL stay as a bed and breakfast or a half board option...............and there are NO plans to change that for the foreseeable future................

The Sol Magaluf Park and Sol Mirlos Tordos will be run as ALL Inclusive for 2011....

As my good friend Moocher, and I said a long time ago,All Inclusive hotels will put a final nail in the coffin for many bars,cafes etc in the resort.........

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Gogledd Cymru...
4. Re: The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

All inclusive would ruin the hotel for me. I don't go to Maga to stay in the hotel 24/7.

Great to hear of even more improvements just hope that when it does go 4* the price doesn't soar.

Did notice this year that on Sol website there were supplements for pool view, high floor etc. which had not been there before.

BRADFORD
reviews: 2
5. Re: The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

Having stayed there just before it closed for its winter break in october2010 the news on the beds cant come soon enough.It was the only think we could fault at the hotel.

Edited: 7:24 am, February 05, 2011
6. Re: The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:50 pm, May 30, 2012
Manchester England
7. Re: The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

Dazzler91...............

Could you tell me which travel operator offered you the All Inclusive option at the Sol Guadalupe?

Because I can assure you that it is not an option at all......................so guess it mustn't be true!lol...........lol.....

If you wish to PM me then please do so,as I think the General Manager at the hotel would also like to know which operator offered you that board.........

Many thanks in anticipation of you forwarding the operators name.

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Manchester England
8. Re: The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

To all...............and Dazzler91..

The General Manager of the Sol Guadalupe has written to me this morning to once again, confirm that the Sol Guadalupe has no plans at all, to go ALL INCLUSIVE....................

And hopes that this will put an end to any rumours on this subject............once and for all...

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

9. Re: The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:50 pm, May 30, 2012
Manchester England
10. Re: The Sol Guadalupe-Thought you might like to know?

Dazzler91............

Many thanks for your reply...........

I will forward that information onto the hotel.................

And I am like you,and many others..............so,so, glad that the Sol Guadalupe isn't going down the AI avenue.....................

Once again thankyou for coming back on............

MANCHESTER-GOLFER