We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitos

Which Cala Bona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
reviews: 5
mosquitos

hi we arrive on the 6th august staying at the hotel sur for 10 nights and was wondering what it is like for mosquitos at this time of year as they usually like to feast on me , many thanks in advance . Annette x

Nottingham, United...
11. Re: mosquitos

will hopefully see you there then curvyfeline x

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 11
12. Re: mosquitos

I'm like a mozzy magnet but I've just returned yesterday after 10 days and never got bit once, my wife only got one bite in the time we were there.

We also never used any repellents this year.

I was in Can Pastilla near Palma last October and got eaten by the local mozzys though.

Nottingham, United...
13. Re: mosquitos

thanks for that PT we are heading out in 16 days and I`m armed with everything going lol , we were in cuba in feb and I had big fluid filled blisters all over my legs and I`m fed up of being eaten alive now , but hopefully I`ll be like you and escape unscathed . Annette :)

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 11
14. Re: mosquitos

We were also away in Feb in Egypt and me and my wife got eaten alive with the mozzies and we had repellent on.

My wife was that bad with fluid filled blisters she needed an anti biotic & anti inflamatory drip in her arm for 24hrs (thank heavens we had travel insurance as the bill was £400)

Like I said last week in Cala Bona between us we only got one bite even without any repellent so if I were you I would not worry.

Falkirk, United...
15. Re: mosquitos

Hi there, stayed at the consul for the first 2 weeks of July. I got 22 bites on the first couple of nights, the cleaner had to spray the room but I also bought a mosi killer from the spar shop just next to the hotel you are going to stay in. The mosquito problem gets worse as you pass the harbour heading to the sunwing hotel. There is large open drains there which have stagnent water in them.

16. Re: mosquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona