We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you Spain "DONT"!!!

Which Mijas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barendrecht, The...
Do you Spain "DONT"!!!

I confirm the SCAM by this company - when you are back from holiday Doyouspain takes the same amount of the original rental from your creditcard. Email communication is a joke - they have their scam very well organized! NEVER rent your car here - it is a rip off!!( all email communication available)

7 replies to this topic
Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 35
1. Re: Do you Spain "DONT"!!!

Take it up with your credit card company if you have no satisfaction from DYS. However it certainly contradicts the service I have had from them in 4 hires (so far) this year. All have been with Recordgo car hire too.

The MD of DYS used to have TA membershipt on here and answer queries such as yours on forum, sadly TA closed that.

It was a handy platform to see, as other members could see both sides, or at least, that someone was being dealt with and the result.

On the other hand, its why i never prepay car hire too.

Lennoxtown
reviews: 2
2. Re: Do you Spain "DONT"!!!

I have been using DoYouSpain for several years, six weeks of car hire each year divided between two trips. I have never been scammed, I have never been disappointed and I have never been let down. My next hire negotiated by José at DoYouSpain is next week where I anticipate a hassle free holiday.

Apologies if I am wrong but you only joined Trip Advisor today and your first post is a complaint on a much talked about subject - strange!!!

Barendrecht, The...
3. Re: Do you Spain "DONT"!!!

Good that someone is happy with this company - hope you are not paid to bounce negative reports. The only thing I can tell you it IS a big scam and go over the internet - I am not alone.

Lennoxtown
reviews: 2
4. Re: Do you Spain "DONT"!!!

I can assure you that I am not paid by DoYouSpain or anybody else to give good, bad or indifferent reports on any car hire company, search engine, hotel, villa rental or anything else. I am one of their many happy customers and if you care to look through my posts on the subject you will see that I am totally unbiased and truthful. You will also see that on practically all occasions I urge people to read the terms and conditions before purchasing any good or service.

Lindsay

castellon
5. Re: Do you Spain "DONT"!!!

Hello Robwilmer

I do apologise if you feel like this.

Please send me a private message throught Tripadvisor with your booking reference or email and I'll have a look.

We do not see any credit car number from customers so it's difficult we charged you twice. Indeed it's impossible.

If you paid on arrival, it's the car hire company who charged you. Please have a look the contract because many times customers don't realise that the petrol was not included and unfortunatelly now it's more expensive than the rental itself.

thanks

jose from DoYouSpain

Edited: 5:36 am, October 02, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 188
6. Re: Do you Spain "DONT"!!!

I find that the post by RobWilmer does make a serious allegation and either needs to be retracted or at the very least explained more fully.

I have used DoYouSpain and found the procedures easy to follow and have had total satisfaction from their service. They are a broker who will find good deals and prices and it is the actual car rental company with whom you agreed your rental contract and who you may have some disagreement with.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 50
7. Re: Do you Spain "DONT"!!!

You're right Cadiz_Lover and what amazes me everytime someone posts this sort of complaint about a broker, that they don't seem to understand that its the hire company that keep their card details - after all we have to sign that we allow them to take money from the card (at least I did with Helle Hollis this year and it was no problem).

People don't read T&Cs before they go, or double check them when they're at the pick up desk and then they come on TA and complain they have been "scammed" when they clearly haven't been.

Reply to: Do you Spain "DONT"!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted