We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mijas, hotels club puerta del sol

Which Mijas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 1
Mijas, hotels club puerta del sol

Hi,

Planning to stay in this hotel in August - has anybody been there recently?. Very mixed reviews and most from last year or previous year. Most recent reviews mention re-furbishing going on - is this resulting in noise as we were hoping for a quiet stay. Also, can anybody recommend some nice restaurants nearby?

Thanks

pleasant hill...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Mijas, hotels club puerta del sol

This may be off topic as I don't know about this hotel. Info below could be good info for other readers. Just got back from a trip to Costa Del Sol (Malaga, Calahonda, Mijas and Marbella) from Sept 2 -9. Weather was fabulous (70s-80s). We stayed in Calahonda and took the bus (1.05 euros) to Fuengirola where there were regular buses to Mijas . Mjias is cooler because it is nestled on a mountain. Plenty of shops and restaurants with reasonable prices. You can get bargains if you are persistent shopper. Mijas seems to be a quiet and laid back town so I assume the local hotels are fine. Visit the church at the top. Be careful with your handbag. My wife lost her, either in Mijas or on the bus ride back to Calahonda, she couldn't remember. When you are visiting Costa Del Sol, you must book the tours to Gibraltar (35 euros each) and Tanger, Morocco (760 euros.)

pleasant hill...
reviews: 10
2. Re: Mijas, hotels club puerta del sol

Re tour to Morocco, my mistake. It was 70 euros per person. Be prepared to go around a bit as the tour bus picks up passengers from various hotels before starting the trip.

Glasgow
reviews: 3
3. Re: Mijas, hotels club puerta del sol

How did you get on at Club Puerta del Sol? I am thinking of booking it for a holiday in October. Would you recommend half board or B&B? Any good restaurants we should try?

Also, does anyone know what the weather is like in this area in October?

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Mijas
Recent Conversations