We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Faro holiday

Which Mijas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
El Faro holiday

i will be staying in urbanization El Faro in July. how many restaurants are there in walking distance? is there a restaurant or bar on the beach? especially looking for child friendly places. if we went into fuengirola at night, do the buses run regularly?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 53
1. Re: El Faro holiday

The urbanisation its self doesn't have, as far as I know, any transport links direct. You will need to go down to the main road and cross over to the opposite side to get a bus to Fuengirola. Personally I think car hire is a must up there.

Here's a link to a local restaurant tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g580271-…

Also, here is an old link to a thread on TA about the area: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187435-i317-k44…

Hope this info helps.

2. Re: El Faro holiday

We holiday in el faro every year. There are bus stops at the bottom of the road, for fuengirola and marbella. On the resort itself taberna dona maria is fantastic for tapas , lunch, main meals or just drinks. The owners Maria and Eugenio are great people. There is also las colinas restaurant and bar just up on the top of el faro and if you walk down to playamarina strip you will find the chemist, chinese, indian , thia and spanish restaurants. We love it on el faro

3. Re: El Faro holiday

I forgot to mention the lovely tropicana beach bar and restaurant , its right on the beach, our kids love the el faro beach , small enough so that they can run around safely in sight and it has lovely little rock pools , you can see all the fresh mussels growing

London, United...
4. Re: El Faro holiday

Thank you So much! It's great to know we can eat out locally without having to get in the car!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: El Faro holiday

Hi we went to El Faro for the first time last year all the above comments are what we found out whils there. It is such a lovely place and with our 2 young boys with us we felt so safe, it's lovely. The only thing i would say is go to la cala for the day or evening it's lovely a bit more going on but not too much it still has that village feel and a lovely beach we got the bus there and a taxi home. Enjoy your hols x

6. Re: El Faro holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mijas