We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

Which Mijas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford, United...
reviews: 4
Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

First enquired about villa S16202 in Sept '11 for a party of 9 friends for a long weekend end of April 2012. By mid Oct 11 paid our 750euro deposit. Early March a fellow traveller noticed property had been moved from the OD Website, i emailed the owners Anthony Townsend (aka Trainor on OD) and Robyn Trainor 9th March and asked why but received no response and had, by now set up final payment for the villa. i was not unduly worried as owners had been pleasant and informative to deal with. Another Trip Advisor Forum regarding this villa was brought to my attention after this (Post by Ed E) so i was relieved to receive an email on 26th March confirming receipt of full payment and advising that further booking information would be sent shortly. The next email i received was 1 1/2 hours later titled Cancellation! 'After discussions with their legal team' Miss Trainor and Mr Townsend advised me that they had entered into an agreement with a sub letting company before they signed up to OD and that they had legally entered into a contract with this company, apparently the company had been taking bookings and informing them on another email address and one of the bookings clashed with ours. I am astounded that this had not come to light before??? this villa has been listed on OD for over a year! We were offered alternative dates (impossible our flights were booked) offered alternative villa OD S16856 (her parents) or a full refund. i emailed immediately asking for a full refund of all costs incurred booking the villa so we could book an alternative. After further emails from myself, Mr Townsend rang me to explain, offered an apology and again offered the other villa?? we agreed that the only way forward was full refund immediately on 2nd april as they were away on business. Here, a month on, no refund, more excuses, emails, texts, phone calls...much stress, anxiety, unpleasantness. Anyone else experienced this? Mr Townsend told me on the phone that 3 other bookings were affected so i hope that they don't have the thoroughly horrible experience that i have had. This account is factual and i have evidence to support. Watch this space!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 60
11. Re: Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

Seems a bit daft to take off the contact details but leave the property on there! It might be on another site though I suppose. Just hope these people who have had so much trouble with this property manage to get a refund in the end.

Torrox, Spain
reviews: 47
12. Re: Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

I couldn´t agree more. Good luck to all affected by this scam.

Guildford, United...
13. Re: Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

Owners Direct removed all properties associated with Townsend and Trainor Months ago! Please direct message with me or Geordiehall (also see the other huge forum by Ed E ) and we can give you a pointer regarding reporting these crimes! Also as suggested by Ceejay, local consumer office in Fuengirola. This couple are looking at a long stretch!

Edited: 12:20 pm, August 03, 2012
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 52
14. Re: Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

On behalf of all honest holiday flat owners I sincerely hope so.

London, United...
15. Re: Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

Hi. Have just had a memorable stay (sarcastic) in the said villa!! The couple lived up to their word of customer service! The villa was disgusting. Can you let me know what you have done so far?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 60
16. Re: Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

Contact Ed or Brickers who have posts on this thread and who are talking to several people who've been affected by the couple of let this villa.

Glasgow, United...
17. Re: Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

We booked this villa for 6 nights from 1st Sept until 7th Sept for a party of 13 people and paid a £1000 deposit back on Nov 2011.

I had noticed the forum on Tripadvisor and kept an eye on it. I spoke with Anthony back on July after numerous emails without reply and he answered all of my questions with good answers but I suppose con men tell you what you want to hear. It was agreed that due to the bad reviews on Tripadvisor Anthony said was ok to pay balance on arrival but we were advised when booked at the start we could pay on arrival and have an email as proof.

Anthony emailed me on 20th Aug 12 days before supposed to go to his villa asking for balance or we could not go to his villa as he said the people in the villa want to extend their stay. I found that hard to believe due to the bad reviews about the villa.

I refused to pay the money as had agreement to pay on arrival subject to villa being ok so Anthony emailed me advising cancelled my booking, he was good at emailing when looking for money!

I'm now going to look into see how about getting my money back but don't hold out to much hope.

I believe Anthony and Robyn are con artists and do have a villa that is disgusting.

They own a club called Playerz in Fuengirola and Anthonys phone number is 0034634028108.

We did in the end book another villa through Owners Direct at short notice and had a great time

London, United...
18. Re: Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

It's such a shame you were caught out by these criminals. I was there before you got there. I actually got a holiday but wish it wasn't in that villa and with those people. We had the same as what you had ( fortunately with only 200 euros being taken), but with a hell of a lot more to go with it. It goes without saying that these people are scum and shouldn't be able too rent out or pretend to do so to normal hardworking people who want to have a holiday and with the villa they were offering.... A luxury villa... A luxury holiday??? I won't go into details with you openly in this forum but suffice to say me and my party of 14 suffered at their hands. This Robyn is on Facebook by the way. He took himself off it for some strange reason!!!! My advice is everything you think you should do then do it. That's what I'm doing. I wish you all the best. These scum shouldnt be operating and must be dealt with.

London, United...
19. Re: Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

To the people who were in the villa before me, can you please message me again as I cannot get your message up at all although I read it. I need to reply. Hope you all ok. Cheers now.

Guildford, United...
20. Re: Owners Direct S16202 Campo Mijas, Fuengirola DOUBLE BOOKING

How is everyone getting on with their cases with Police and Fraud departments? Has anyone managed to have any of their funds returned or compensation for those of you who stayed and had their holidays ruined?