We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf club hire

Which Mijas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
reviews: 111
Golf club hire

We will be 8 days at a hotel in the Torrenueva / Mijas area. My husband is considering renting a set of golf clubs. Does anyone have a recommendation on hire companies? Also, there are so many courses that any recommendations as to favorite courses would be appreciated. Has anyone used a company to book tee times? I guess that's 3 questions - thanks in advance.

Scotland
reviews: 23
1. Re: Golf club hire

Hi Mrs Duck. I'd go for Clubs to Hire (see link 1), which he can pick up at Malaga Airport. I think prices are ultra competitive and decent brands, too.

I know Torrenueva well, and urge your husband to seek out Santana, which is a short drive (the car variety!) from where you are staying.

Just along the road (again minutes away) you have Miraflores and Riviera, while there is a nine hole layout at Calahonda called La Siesta, which is worth a look.

The three La Cala courses are also on your doorstep.

Hubby is very lucky that just a few hundred yards from where you are staying is Sunshine Golf (see link 2), where he can book tee times at discounted prices. As I remember, they do club hire, too, but methinks they will not beat Clubs to Hire on price.

Hope this helps out Donald.

Tony .

http://www.clubstohire.com/malaga.php

http://www.sunshine-golf.co.uk/

Sacramento...
2. Re: Golf club hire

Thanks for your help. We're driving from Granada and can easily swing by the Malaga airport.

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 65
3. Re: Golf club hire

We booked thru http://www.elitegolfservices.com/ last oct. Played Santa Clara, El Chapparal and Rio Real courses with buggies. Average cost was 60€.

Sacramento...
4. Re: Golf club hire

Hi, Tony,

I have another golf question if you don't mind. First, a little background: We will be in Spain for 31 days. Of those days, 8 will be in the Torrenueva area and the next 4 in Ronda. We are keeping our suitcases small and light because we will be moving around between cities by train. Gemma at Sunshine Golf has told us that they do not hire golf shoes and that most courses require a spiked shoe. My husband was hoping to get away with a regular trainer. He says that Freddie Couples and Tiger Woods are not wearing spiked shoes these days. (I told him he isn't Freddie or Tiger!) What is your opinion - should he lug his golf shoes along? Thanks so much.

Scotland
reviews: 23
5. Re: Golf club hire

Hi Mrs D. Spiked shoes? Yes, but SOFT spikes not metal. I've been wearing steel tips all winter at my own course here near Glasgow, but that's all about dealing with treacherous ground conditions following the wettest year in history.

Trainers? I've never considered playing golf in them (too much old school) but if you want my tuppence worth (in your case, dimes) I'd say there will be courses along the Costa del Sol that will not care a jot if Mr Duck turns up to play in trainers.

Others (in the minority) will look at him as if he is something the cat brought in.

A dilemma, then, but one easily solved if Mr D packs his trusty Footjoys. He DOES own Footjoys, right?

Have a swinging time, Tony.

PS Clubs to Hire rent shoes, should room be tight in his case.

Sacramento...
6. Re: Golf club hire

You must be very hardy to brave the wettest winter in history- or is that comment redundant when addressing a Scot? I can understand my husband might have trouble fitting his Footjoys in his suitcase, but he wears trainers only at our athletic club and I can't imagine why he would want to wear them in Spain - on or off the golf course. He might as well wear a sign reading "Ugly American." And, yes, he has three pair of Footjoys - the worn out pair, the just right pair, and the new pair. He had been considering using Sunshine Golf because it is 5 minutes from our hotel but will look into Clubs To Hire. Thank you again for your help.

Mrs.D.Duck, a.k.a. Gail

Cheshire
7. Re: Golf club hire

Mr Mdduck. I have just been reading your posts earlier with Tony with much interest. I am trying to arrange for a little golfing jolly for me and a small group of chums (3) I am in Spain for 4 weeks in Feb/March with my good lady and the plan is to see her off at Malaga on the same flight they have just come in on and have a week golfing etc.

I had looked at Clubstohire.com as their office is just by my car hire depot. I would be intersted to hear of your experience with them and also the footwear result. I have played over there in trainers with no problem but that was a few years ago; things may have changed and I would rather not take my golf shoes just for 4 rounds if I can get away without them.

Thanks

Sacramento...
8. Re: Golf club hire

I got the Ugly American subtext and because it was so very far off the mark I chose not to dignify it with a response. My husband hired (UA's say "rented") clubs from Sunshine and played golf in his trainers many of the 10 days we stayed in Mijas Costa. He was told that some of the fancy clubs up toward Marbella require golf shoes, but it was not an issue around Malaga.The hired golf clubs were good quality and in good condition. Gemma and the rest of the crew at Sunshine Golf were very good at making him tee times. She is familiar with all the local courses, speaks Spanish, and knows all the current deals off the top of her head. The specials were a bit limited for a single player, most being offered for foursomes. The SG location takes a little bit of navigating but once you have it down it is easy to pop in and make a start time. They close at 5:00/1700 and are closed, I believe, on Sunday, so be sure to set up your reservations in advance. My husband was very pleased with the quality of the Sunshine Golf services and recommends them highly. Have fun with your mates -

Mijas
9. Re: Golf club hire

Hi, I deeply recommend you to visit Cargest web site (www.cargest.com). I have strong connection of business and leisure way on Mijas area and I am a very concern person about good quality and professional services, after a few years traveling and hiring cars, definitely this company have probe me being the best. Also the started not long ago golf clubs rental. And they meet them clients at Málaga airport.

Nothing to lose checking them web page and getting a full picture of what they can do for you.

I hope this information helps you.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 60
10. Re: Golf club hire

Damian, the last post before yours was August 2012 and the OP has had their holiday, but your information may help others who are searching re golf club hire.

Get answers to your questions about Mijas