We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

Which Mijas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 4
Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

WARNING!

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/s16202.htm

Do not book with Anthony Trainor (real name Anthony Townsend +34670747696). He double booked my booking for 10 people and didn't have the courtesy to tell us until 2 days before the start of the booking! We had to frantically search around for a replacement as flights were already booked and non-refundable. We paid him a 1000 euro deposit. This was in August 2011. It is now January 2012 and he still has not returned my money. Be warned.

Edited: 8:25 am, March 12, 2012
1. Re: Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:27 am, March 12, 2012
2. Re: Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

Make sure you report this to the web site

Co. Kildare
reviews: 6
3. Re: Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

Ed E

What a stressful not to mention costly experience!

I'm sure you have already informed ownersdirect but in case you haven't I agree totally with Saraandh.

I know ownersdirect are only advertisers and don't take responsibility but in my experience they take feedback seriously. Last year I alerted them to an owners page that didn't 'make sense and concerned me, they responded to me immediately and the page was ammended.

The one thing I don't understand is how the owner only had €1000 deposit 2 days before the let surely by that stage he would have wanted the full payment of €2,500?

Does he think he is entitled to keep your deposit because he considered you had cancelled as you hadn't made the full payment? Sharp business practices if he was able to relet at full price. Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick entirely.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 42
4. Re: Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

I don´t holdout much hope if someone is being determinedy dishonest but the more people you alert the better.

First thing is to establish whether the property is in Fuengirola or Mijas . Two separate towns though Mijas is often advertised as Fuengirola.

Write to the Foreigners department and/or the Tourist department of the town and ask about the process of making a denuncia (I assume you are back in England). You could also write to the national Police in the town and see if that helps. It is difficult and people who do this are relying on you doing nothing.

lawyers may not be the way to go as once you have a judgement you have the problem of enforcing it. I assume the contract was made in Spain but the CAB in England may be able to sort that out.

Best of luck

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
reviews: 41
5. Re: Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

I have rented villas for quite a few years now using OD of HL and so far have never had any problems, but whenever I see this on the advertisment << "No availability information has been provided for this property. Please contact the owner directly." >>> it always sets alarm bells ringing in my head ,I like to see how many other bookings have been taken and when ,why hide it ?

I really hope you get your money back and well done for alerting other people to this .

6. Re: Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:28 am, March 12, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 8
7. Re: Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

Hi there some friends of mine have booked this villa for May and are now wondering if there booking is safe, did you get anywhere with your refund ? I beleive they asked about your posting and were told it was a misunderstading with another party, but having read your post im not so sure.

regards

Simon

London, United...
8. Re: Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

Hi, I have made enquiries regarding booking this villa, could Ed E provide any further info as to why he had only paid a deposit 2 days before arrival and not the final balance as from what I remember it would have been due 6 weeks before?

Simon, have you had any further information from your friends about their booking? I have trawled the internet and can't find any other reviews about Anthony Trainor, I would imagine if he continually ripped people off there would be a lot more info on him and surely Owners Direct would have to do something. I would really like some clarification before I part with my hard earned cash!!

9. Re: Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, March 14, 2012
10. Re: Owners Direct Villa S16202, Fuengirola, Mijas Costa

Removed on: 8:29 am, March 12, 2012