We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Obx questions

Which Norfolk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 2
Airport to Obx questions

Hi - we are flying into norfolk and renting a car to drive to the outer banks. Is there a child friendly restaurant close to the airport but towards OBX? How much traffic can I expect in the area on Saturday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend? Our flight home is Tues morning around 11. Will rush hour traffic be a nightmare? Thanks!

Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 298
1. Re: Airport to Obx questions

Traffic to the OBX is going to be crazy on May 25. Especially between 2PM and 6PM - it will be bumper-to-bumper for miles before the Wright Memorial Bridge (that’s the bridge connecting NC to the OBX). If you can’t be there early, I’d wait till after 4PM to start heading down. I have been in bumper-to-bumper traffic that was backed up past Coinjock NC on a non-holiday weekend – that’s about 25 miles. Don’t worry about being late, most rental agencies on the OBX have afterhours pickup arrangements. If you’re staying at a hotel – call and let them know you’ll be late.

The Greenbrier Mall is on the way and there are LOTs of kid friendly restaurants near there. Exit 289 on Interstate 64, 20 minutes from the airport. Good luck and remember, patience is a virtue – especially when traveling with kids on a holiday weekend.

NY
reviews: 2
2. Re: Airport to Obx questions

Thanks!

3. Re: Airport to Obx questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 23, 2014