We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline - name your price

Which Norfolk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsburg
reviews: 1
Priceline - name your price

Has anyone had any experience using the Name Your Price on Priceline for overseas flights?

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 90
1. Re: Priceline - name your price

Yes. What do you want to know?

Williamsburg
reviews: 1
2. Re: Priceline - name your price

The info I read says priceline flights may make up to one connection each way. I am taking that literally - but am afraid they may have two or three stops, which will not be acceptable for the travelers. Did you have any issues with bidding for overseas flights that would make you not want to use this process again? Will they adjusts the dates based on the cost - i.e. weekends versus week day costs? If they meet your bid price is it etched in stone and are you obligated at that point? Thanks for your insight on this.

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 90
3. Re: Priceline - name your price

I used Priceline only because, at that time, there was only one airline that Priceline was using on the route I was bidding on (LAX - SYD) and I knew that this airline only had non-stop flights on this route. Like you, I am unwilling to make multiple stops when I fly, so I have never used Priceline since that time, although I do keep reading about it--just in case I change my mind.

I would recommend doing a lot of research before bidding on Priceline because once your bid is accepted, you are STUCK. Perhaps the following link to an article on Flyer Talk will give you some useful information. Good luck.

flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bi…

4. Re: Priceline - name your price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 19, 2014