We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Praia Sol -

Which Quarteira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
reviews: 8
Hotel Praia Sol -

Wondering if you have stayed here what is a good room location to ask for prior to arrival ?

Cheers !

Quarteira, Portugal
reviews: 7
1. Re: Hotel Praia Sol -

Here at the moment. Location a long walk to anywhere. You have to ask at reception for the back gate to be opened so you can get to villamaura quicker. There is never anyone on the reception desk so is a bit of a problem.

If you like sausages scrambled eggs and baked beans for breakfast you have come to the right place.

Swimming pool out of action as it is having maintenance work carried out at present.

Yorkshire
reviews: 23
2. Re: Hotel Praia Sol -

I'm going here in April and I checked the reviews here on Trip Advisor before I booked it. Have you checked them? They are over all very good and I am looking forward to finding out for myself. I also checked out the location Google Earth which gives you a generally good idea of disances between the hotel and Vilamoura/Quarteira.

Vilamoura, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
3. Re: Hotel Praia Sol -

Have not stayed there as I live here but I booked for friends of mine who visited some time ago so I was able to have a look around.

It's a 15 min. walk to the marina (because you have to walk all the way around the neighborhood) yet not in the noise of the marina. As said above, if they open the back-gate you'll be able to cut through (I guess they do that in the summer?).

I would think that all room locations are ok. It's clean, not luxurious but it has all one needs, especially if you tend to go out during the day and night. The staff was friendly and helpful.

If you don't like the breakfast, go to any coffee shop in the area and have it there.

Quarteira, Portugal
4. Re: Hotel Praia Sol -

The breakfast is very boring. Warm breakfast all week has been scrambled egg, beans, sausage. You have a choice of cereals or sliced cheese, sliced ham fruit and yoghurt. Great time to start a diet.

You can use the back gate to get to Vilamoura which has a lovely Marina but you have to ask at reception (which is rarely manned) if you want to ust the gate. On your return to the gate you have to press the button on the left hand side which is very hard to spot due to the Graffiti.

The hotel has very thin walls so you can hear the conversations from the next door neighbours. The door banging by inconsiderate guests can be annoying. The local dogs are constantly barking and this can be a nuisance.

You have to hire the key to the safe in the room and you can also hire a fride to put in the cupboard built for this purpose.

The beach at Quarteria is lovely and there are lots of benches to sit on and enjoy the beautiful Atlantic.

The weather is fab and you do have a choice of Towns within a short walk.

Camberley Surrey
5. Re: Hotel Praia Sol -

Praia sol is a good base to explore the area and it isnt really that far to walk around the side of the hotel to the marina even if the back gate is closed...youre on holiday for goodness sake why rush? the rooms are very spacious with mod cons of flat screen tv! And a good shower.the balconies are as huge as the room! the family who own the hotel were lovely..they are a mother and daughter team who do everything between them....so lets forgive them if they cant be at reception all day! In my opinion a very good hotel for the price you pay...where else could you get b&b for £8.00 per room!!! Go for yourself and you decide ;-)

Quarteira, Portugal
6. Re: Hotel Praia Sol -

Praia Sol is indeed a good base for getting to Vilamoura or Quarteria. Coast route 15 mins back gate route 5 mins. Life is about choice.

My balcony is not as big as the room and am paying package holiday price which is more than the price quoted by Lindsy Camberley. I can appreciate that she has indeed received very good value. Good Luck to her.

The skies are blue and that has to be worth a fortune which the tour company has obviously found very lucrative.

Camberley Surrey
7. Re: Hotel Praia Sol -

Mom yes I did get a good rate after doing a lot of compare web sites.....most wanted between £16-22 per room.good to hear you are enjoying it all the same and can't wait for my next visit (not to this hotel though) in 8 days time, hoping the sun will be out then too :-)

8. Re: Hotel Praia Sol -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira