We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere else as lovely as Lido de Jesolo?

Which Jesolo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 9
Anywhere else as lovely as Lido de Jesolo?

We've been to Lido de Jesolo for the past 2 years and really loved it - loved the resort, beach, weather, food, and child friendly / safe feeling - loved being able to walk the streets at midnight with a baby in a buggy and not encounter any drunken crowds.

Concerned that 3 yrs in a row might be a bit repetitive - so just wondering if anyone who has been to Lido de Jesolo would recommend another resort, either in Italy or another european country, that would be similar to Jesolo?

Thanks.

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 6
1. Re: Anywhere else as lovely as Lido de Jesolo?

Hi BKP

Cattolica might just be the place your looking for,very similar to lido di jesolo, plus other near by resorts, riccionie, rimini

cattolica is mor eof a family resort

riccionie is more for the young ones

and Rimini is more for the older generation

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
2. Re: Anywhere else as lovely as Lido de Jesolo?

Ischia comes to mind for weather, beaches, food, friendly people and safety at night.

www.onischia.com

www.ischianews.com

www.ischiaonline.com

South Australia
reviews: 12
3. Re: Anywhere else as lovely as Lido de Jesolo?

There is also the Tuscany coast, Viareggio, from where you can visit Lucca, Pisa and Florence by train www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

www.ryanair.com fly Dublin to Pisa

www.discovertuscany.com

www.italia.it/en/home.html

Accommodation www.venere.com

wirral
reviews: 74
4. Re: Anywhere else as lovely as Lido de Jesolo?

Puerto Pollensa,Majorca.

Btw a previous recommendation was for Viareggio.I don't know if the person who recommended it had been there.We went there in April 2012 for a day trip.It is so much inferior to Lido de Jesolo and so dissimilar I can't believe anybody would recommend it. I certainly would not return to Viareggio but would return to Lido de Jesolo like a shot.

Middlesbrough
reviews: 25
5. Re: Anywhere else as lovely as Lido de Jesolo?

I agree with the previous poster - Puerto Pollenca, Majorca.

Having spent every holiday since I was 2 at Union Lido near Jesolo I was wary of travelling somewhere else. Would it be as good as Italy? It was so beautiful and relaxing. Good restaurants, a fab beach and a very safe place to be!

Can't recommend it highly enough!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
6. Re: Anywhere else as lovely as Lido de Jesolo?

If you like Italy consider Sorrento.

Brentwood, United...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Anywhere else as lovely as Lido de Jesolo?

I love Sorrento but beware it has no real beaches only bathing platforms. So if a beach is high up your list the Amalfi Coast is not really your destination.

8. Re: Anywhere else as lovely as Lido de Jesolo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 09, 2014