We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chianti Itinerary

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Siggiewi, Malta
reviews: 2
Chianti Itinerary

My friends and I are spending 2 days in the Chianti region on our round-Tuscany trip. We'll be leaving Siena on one morning and driving to Impruneta where we'll be lodging.

Before going to Impruneta we will be making a stop at San Gimignano as I've read plenty of positive things about it.

Given the limited amount of time we have, which other area/s should we go to? I'm not sure if we'd be able to fit in anything else other than San Gimignano in that day, but the next day we have a whole day free because then we'll be driving up to Florence.

We're not really into wine tasting and we'll be going into plenty of museums and other cultural sites in other places in Tuscany so we're mainly looking for scenery and a little spot of fun and adventure more than anything else.

Help is appreciated :)

Siggiewi, Malta
11. Re: Chianti Itinerary

Ultimately we visited Greve, Montefioralle and Castellina in Chianti. Overall it was a wonderful experience and having been there now, I must agree on SG's beauty :) Considering this was end of September, there were not that many people (probably because most of them were queuing in front of either one of the famous ice cream shops).

Minneapolis...
12. Re: Chianti Itinerary

How did you like Greve? Me and my friend are looking at booking a stay in an apartment in the city center and having that be our base for 7 days. We are looking for a quaint town, but still want to be able to go to the market and walk to restaurants. Is this too small of a city?

Siggiewi, Malta
13. Re: Chianti Itinerary

To be honest we only spent around 2 hours in Greve as we only spent a day touring the Chianti region, but it didn't particularly appeal to me. We went round Tuscany in 1 week and stayed at 4 different accomodations (Pisa, Siena, Chianti & Florence). However while in Chianti we stayed at Bellavista Impruneta, in Impruneta. It was a charming village, admittedly with not much to do, but it gave me a better feeling of being in the countryside than Greve did; but then again, it all boils down to different tastes :)

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
14. Re: Chianti Itinerary

Adventuregirl2013, Greve is a small town, not a city, although it is the biggest town in Chianti. However, it is an excellent base and you will be able to walk to the market and numerous restaurants. The main piazza is very attractive and the rest is just a town because Greve in not very old. However, it's a one mile walk to Montefioralle which is really "quaint".

15. Re: Chianti Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 24, 2014