We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day trip to Greve in Chianti - getting around

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
One day trip to Greve in Chianti - getting around

We are planning a day trip to Greve in Chianti from Florence. We are not planning to rent a car or hire a driver (will probably take a bus from Florence to Chianti). What's the best way to go from one winery to another in Chianti?

We booked a wine tasting tour at Castello Di Verrazzano and Vignamaggio, want to know what are the transportation options to travel between these two wineries.

Thanks,

Winston Salem...
reviews: 33
1. Re: One day trip to Greve in Chianti - getting around

Are you planning on staying for the lunch at the Verrazzanno? if so, that will take most of the afternoon and the "driveway" from the main road to the winery is at least 1.5 to 2km!

The winery can arrange a driver from Florence and I know the do feed the drivers while the quests' dine--the address is Greve in Chiani, however it's pretty remote from the main town. I doubt you can manage getting there and then to another winery in 1 day without a car-and then one of you can't drink!

We did the Verrazzanno lunch and tasting, and it was spectacular--I believe it was E48 each, however, those coming from Florence paid about E100 including a driver. Spouse had the most fantastic vegetarian dinner I have ever seen!

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
2. Re: One day trip to Greve in Chianti - getting around

It is VERY difficult to tour wineries without a car. Verrazzanno is a very nice visit and worth the trip but as the previous poster notes it is a long walk up to the Winery from the bus stop. Chianti is quite rural. I think one visit is all you will be able to do using public transport.

South Shields...
reviews: 21
3. Re: One day trip to Greve in Chianti - getting around

We visited Vignamaggio last week whilst staying at Poggio Asciutto. Its about 3 to 4 miles from Grieve itself and I definitely wouldn't try walking it. It is on a local bus route however we didn't see a single bus the whole week we were there. Vignamaggio itself is wonderful. We had lunch there and went back and did the €25 tasting tour. Both were brilliant and one of the highlights of our week.

My advice would be to hire a car for a couple of days. The roads are great, they're both easy to find just of the Chiantigiani just use a GPS/satnav and take your time enjoying the views.

4. Re: One day trip to Greve in Chianti - getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, April 01, 2014