We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Castello Di verrazzano transportation

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 32
Florence to Castello Di verrazzano transportation

We were thinking about taking a daytrip from Florence to the winery for a tour, wine tasting and lunch but I'm unsure if bus transport is feasable. From what I can see on google maps/directions, there is a bus that runs between the 2 cities and the walk from the bus depot in Greve says about 5-10minutes as I recall. I just wanted to know if this is feasable to do or is the walk difficult/hilly/unpaved/high traffic highway/etc??

Will we need a taxi from bus depot to the castello?

Thanks in advance

South Australia
reviews: 11
1. Re: Florence to Castello Di verrazzano transportation

Sitabus transport information Florence to Chianti

discovertuscany.com/forum/moving-around-tusc…

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Florence to Castello Di verrazzano transportation

It is a long hard hike from the main road to Verrazzano up their road and the Greti bus stop is some distance from the start of their road. You cannot walk from Greve to Verrazzano. So yes, you'll need to find a taxi in Greve. Try Garage Sant'Anna across the road from Bar Sant'Anna.

3. Re: Florence to Castello Di verrazzano transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 13, 2013