We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lamole .. and casa di lamole

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 14
Lamole .. and casa di lamole

Any one stayed here la casa di lamole a 2 bedroom villa cant find any reviews other than on the tuscany now web site who are the ones selling it..

Looks like a nice clean modern place with nice views but would like some reviews to look at..

Also any views on Lamole would be nice i know its tiny and has a popular restaurant

How far would a largish supermarket be from lamole and any opinions on the area would be welcome thanks very much

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 3
1. Re: Lamole .. and casa di lamole

Nearest supermarket would be the Coop in Greve, which I guess is a 20/25 mins drive down the hill or thereabouts. The area is sublimely beautiful, typical Chianti countryside of vineyards and forests. Lamole itself is, as you know, tiny, tiny with just one little store if I remember rightly, the restaurant (that's good though can be touristy) and the church. If you just want to chill out during your stay and not go anywhere, it's a good choice. However, the drive up is along a very windy road that's exceptionally narrow in places with drops on one side plus tight bends so bear in mind that to tour the area you'd have to go up and down this road everyday.

Castellina in...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Lamole .. and casa di lamole

Let us know the URL of the advertisement because the "Casa di Lamole" is a huge place http://www.casalamole.com/ You can obtain a certain amount of everyday supplies from the one and only grocery store in Lamole. The restaurant is very good but not cheap. I find the drive up to Lamole to be one of the most interesting and spectacular in the area. There's a "Roman" (actually medieval) road half way up that you can follow if mushrooms are your thing. The back roads continue through Lamole towards Volpaia, Radda etc. In summer, Lamole is much cooler than places at lower elevations. http://www.lamole.info

London, United...
3. Re: Lamole .. and casa di lamole

thankyou very much for your replies this was the advhttp://www.tuscanynow.com/Rentals/Cards/PaAvailabilityAndPrices.aspx?ProductID=4912&Year=2013ert

The road in and out sounds interesting !! but we do only plan on a week relaxing in the villa and maybe a visit to greve for a shop as we would have driven down from lake garda having been married the previous week so its a honeymoon for us and then on to florence and still to decide on the rest

It would be nice to know the villas exact location as it would be great to walk to the local restaurant shop..

Florence Italy
reviews: 2
4. Re: Lamole .. and casa di lamole

We love that part of the world, and agree with the previous posts. Is this place self-catering?

We have been devoted to the restaurant in Lamole for years. The food is quite good, perhaps because the incredible view from the terrace only enhances it. It does attract its fair share of visitors, and it may tend to be a bit on the pricey side (especially if secondi are part of your plans). We tend to stick with the antipasti & fantastic primi. And, of course, the local wine, which is oh-so-very-good.

London, United...
5. Re: Lamole .. and casa di lamole

Hi yes its a converted modern style villa rental with tuscuny now the pictures look like the sort of thing we would be looking for but we have been around long enough to know that company pictures dont always tell the whole story.

cant find any info on trip advisor regarding this particular villa. la casa di lamole and of course the company tell me what i want to hear but we like to see a few independent reviews...

The area sounds perfect and just what we are after i have even tried to find it on goolge earth but needle and haystack spring to mind..

Edited: 3:01 pm, May 22, 2012
Castellina in...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Lamole .. and casa di lamole

Yes, it's been completely rebuilt in very modern style (to the point of losing all trace of Tuscan interior style). Photos look good - I doubt there's anything misleading there. They say "Lamole, 5km/3 miles from the villa" so it's remote. The country is very steep there so I wouldn't recommend trying to walk to Lamole.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 79
7. Re: Lamole .. and casa di lamole

I don't know if you decided to book casa di lamole or whether you have already been. We are staying in it right now! If you have any questions please ask! it is very nice and secluded. The journey up the hill is very windy but perfectly ok. I don't like heights nor cliff edge roads and it is perfectly fine for me!

London, United...
8. Re: Lamole .. and casa di lamole

Hi HAL11 i have sent you a message

Have a great time

Northampton, United...
9. Re: Lamole .. and casa di lamole

Hi, we are thinking of hiring this villa for our honeymoon. Do you have any info for us? Good or bad on the villa, the view and the surrounding area? Thanks.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 79
10. Re: Lamole .. and casa di lamole

As per my post above we stayed there last year and thought it was great. We weren't there for a honeymoon but think it would be ideal for that. If you want some photos of the property email me. Great restaurant in Lamole with fantastic outlook over Tuscan countryside.

Get answers to your questions about Greve in Chianti