We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay in Chianti

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 29
best place to stay in Chianti

Hi there =)

My partner and I would like to visit Tuscany next summer and although we want to see the sights of Florence, (without a doubt!) we would like to try something a little different and possibly stay somewhere a little more rural in the Chianti region and just do a day trip into Florence and Siena also.

Greve in Chianti seems like a wonderful place to base ourselves, however we will not have a car, instead replying on public transport. Can anyone advise on the best villas/farmhouses to stay at?

We don’t mind splashing out on a higher-end place, if this helps, however obviously will need be somewhere we can travel to on foot, or is well connected with buses/trains.

Or do you think this is defeating the purpose of staying somewhere rural if we can’t stay too far outside of a town/village? Happy to stay in Florence and do day trips from there if it’s a wiser alternative.

Obviously we are only in the very beginning planning stages of your trip so happy to take any and all advice!!!

Thank you very much

B

reviews: 9
11. Re: best place to stay in Chianti

My wife and I stayed in an apartment in Greve for a month and then moved to Panzano for two more months. Loved it. The apartment in Greve was close to the piazza and a lot of tourist activity whereas the farmhouse, Podere la Casa, was much more a Tuscan experience. Panzano was a great starting point for the many walks we did to the surrounding communities, hill tops and vineyards. Roselba, our landlady and now friend, treated us like family and helped us immerse into the local culture. We also took a few Italian lessons from a wonderful tutor by the name of Lorella Federico. No pressure and lots of laughs. Great trip all around!

12. Re: best place to stay in Chianti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, February 08, 2014