We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Rome to Florence -advise needed please

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 5
Travelling from Rome to Florence -advise needed please

We are travelling from Rome to Florence by car in February. We would like to stop off in Greve and Montefioralle.

I have been reading about the beautiful route, Via Chiantigiana. Is it advisable to go through Siena or to turn off the highway at Montevarchi? The route through Siena is longer so I was wondering if it was worth the extra time or will we see enough of the Tuscan beauty if we go through Radda and Panzano.

My second question is when we arrive in Greve and Montefioralle, will we easily find the public parking areas?

Thank you

Sharon

Guangzhou, China
11. Re: Travelling from Rome to Florence -advise needed please

Hi,

In late May we are also driving from Rome to nearby Greve-In (Via Francois) for 2 nights stay, then 1 night in Florence city. One of our plan in Chianti is to visit the outlet shopping which could take half to 3/4 of our 2nd day.

On our route to Greve-In, we like to climb the Torre del Mangia in Siena to see the beautiful views. Is this doable? How much time should we allocate for this plan? Any easy parking around Mangia?

Continue forward, which are the must-stops points/towns/villages for beautiful views of Tuscany and also castles views?

Thanks in advance.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 5
12. Re: Travelling from Rome to Florence -advise needed please

We have just returned from our holiday and in my opinion you should not miss Civita di Bagnoregio, Radda and Greve. I was a bit disappointed in Montefioralle but it could be because it was out of season so dead quiet. Drive on the Route 222 through Tuscany. The views were amazing.

Guangzhou, China
13. Re: Travelling from Rome to Florence -advise needed please

Hi Sharon, thanks for your update. Yes, definitely will include Civita Bagnoregio and check out route 222.

14. Re: Travelling from Rome to Florence -advise needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Greve in Chianti