We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me Make a Memory in Tuscany

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 7
Help me Make a Memory in Tuscany

My 17 year old daughter is a scholarship student in Italy. She and I are spending 6 days, her break, driving in Tuscany. Jan 2 until Jan7. I can't afford "tours with Alessandro" or the like. It is just me, my map and my best effort...with your help. I thought we would spend two nights in Chianti (Greve, Castillina or Radda), then one or two in San Gimignano and two in Montepulciano. I've been to Siena and thought we would go visit, but not stay there. I could sure use ideas for great reasonable B & B's. and wonderful restaurants. Ideas for olive oil and cheese tasting would help. Maybe a cooking class. I am not keen on driving at night, so I thought one winery, lunch, a castle tour, tasting cheese or oil by day...then land somewhere where we can eat well at night. Fireplace and fun folks would be a bonus! I know a lot is closed, but this is the only time we have and I want to make it count. Thanks for the help.

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 1
1. Re: Help me Make a Memory in Tuscany

Book the tour at Vignamaggio for it's a beautiful place, good wines and the gardens are very pretty even in winter.

Connecticut
reviews: 7
2. Re: Help me Make a Memory in Tuscany

o.k. thank you for your help! Do you have thoughts on where to stay?

San Jose, California
3. Re: Help me Make a Memory in Tuscany

I second lastraniera's suggestion, as Vignamaggio is beautiful.

Here are two suggestions for places to stay that might fit your needs:

Medieval Chianti Watchtower

initaly.com/hisres/watchtower/watchtower.htm

and Castello nel Chianti

www.initaly.com/agri/nelchia/nelchia.htm

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 1
4. Re: Help me Make a Memory in Tuscany

I would personally opt for a hotel in a town or village rather than out in the sticks as the countryside can appear a bit bleak and grey at this time of year, especially at night. And if there are few guests in the hotel, the restaurant might not be open so you would be better off staying in a town or village where you have a better choice of places to eat. I write this as someone who used to live in an isolated house but now lives in a village itself where it really is far more warm and welcoming on winter evenings.

5. Re: Help me Make a Memory in Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, November 04, 2012