We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go?

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 43
where to go?

We have 3 days in Tuscany,in Sept. -- we will stay in the Chianti area. There are so many cities/vinyards to visit:

.Lucca, San Gimigano, Greve in Chaini, Radda, Montepulciano, Montealcino, Orvieto,

Please let me know your favorites.

Castles: Brolio, Castello Verrazzano , Villa Vignamaggio.

I need to narrow this down. Or am I missing something special?

Thanks!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
1. Re: where to go?

With only three days, I would just concentrate on the lovely spots close by, otherwise you will waste a lot of your precious time driving. On your doorstep are Greve, Radda, Castellina, Lamole, Montefioralle (although these are all towns or villages, not cities) The castellos you mention are all in Chianti, so one or two of them will be doable. I'd be surprised if you could cover that lot in 3 days. You will probably need to book visits to the wineries in advance.

London
reviews: 6
2. Re: where to go?

If you are in Chianti Classico region during the weekend of 9-12 September you have to visit the wine festival at Greve in Chianti which is absolutely fantastic. A good place to eat is Ristorante Enoteca il Gallo Nero (suggest emailing to book) or why not just sit on the outside tables of Nerbone di Greve with a plate of their Tuscan Formaggi and some of their great wines - try Lam'oro from the Lamole di Lamole winery - a superfantastico supertuscan! wine with body, length, guts and power waiting for you! If you are looking for a castle try Castello di Volpaia and if you have a good vehicle then take the white roads from Volpaia to Lamole and then dine at Ristoro di Lamole. The road is one amazing adventure! With reference to vineyards there are so many to choose from - Chianti Classico is an excellent wine region and one of the very best. Try Vicchiomaggio, Vignamaggio, or drive to Panzano to see the Golden Shell (Conca D'oro) where some of the best vineyards in the world are to be found - Fontodi, Rampolla, La Massa - Good Luck!

Edited: 2:24 pm, August 11, 2011
3. Re: where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 10, 2012