We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Tuscany??

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Where to stay in Tuscany??

My wife and I will be traveling to Italy soon. We will be spending 4 days in Tuscany to explore the country side and make a day trip to Florence. I've been looking and looking but can't decide where we should stay while we are there. Everything looks amazing. Please help.

We know that we will need to rent a car to travel around the countryside and we plan to travel to Florence via bus or train. I have had difficulty choosing which town to stay in though. My focus has been on the Chianti region, specifically Greve due to its central location. What is it about other towns that encourage your recommendation?

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Where to stay in Tuscany??

In the Chianti region, Greve has the advantage of a reasonable bus service to Florence. However, you could stay in almost any town in the area and drive to Greve, leave the car there, and take the bus. The Greve web site lists places to stay both in town and all around it. http://www.greve-in-chianti.com

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
2. Re: Where to stay in Tuscany??

Greve probably offers more restaurants, but Radda is very picturesque, as is Castellina and the latter offers good access to Siena too. Whichever you choose, you'll love it, it is a wonderful region to stay in.

London
reviews: 6
3. Re: Where to stay in Tuscany??

Try il Colombaio di Santa Chiara in San Gimignano and speak to Alessio. This is a great place to stay, set in the most amazing scenery with San Gimignano towers in the distance. They also make some fantastic wines with 2 types of Vernaccia di San Gimignano white wines and also a Sparkling wine which is rare for Tuscany. Good place for walking too. Very peaceful. Let us know how you get on.

4. Re: Where to stay in Tuscany??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 05, 2012