We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please give me your opinion on these wineries in chianti

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 10
please give me your opinion on these wineries in chianti

hi,

i'm going to be doing a daytrip through chianti for some wine tasting/touring with three friends. we will be driving (one of us will not be drinking).

we are staying in ambra (near bucine).

there are so many wineries that i am becoming somewhat overwhelmed. i've checked out the chianticlassico website, but i'm still struggling to decide.

we are thinking of seeing the following wineries:

volpaia or vescine in radda, verrazzano in greve, and perhaps one more (???)

any suggestions? our italian is not very good, if that matters.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 26
11. Re: please give me your opinion on these wineries in chianti

The DRY road was scenic and no trouble at all. However, might not have worked out so well after substantial rain.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 26
12. Re: please give me your opinion on these wineries in chianti

The DRY road was scenic and no trouble at all. However, might not have worked out so well after substantial rain.

London
reviews: 6
13. Re: please give me your opinion on these wineries in chianti

We highly recommend Castello di Volpaia wines and winery - try La Bottega Restaurant too whilst you are there. Other places that you could visit by special permission is the Tignanello Antinori & Solaia cellars at San Casciano (if they will permit) we were there in large group in 2010. Also in Greve try Podere Campriano, a small family run organic producer. Castello Vignamaggio is also an outstandingly beautiful place too with lots of history that always impresses. There is also new information about the Mona Lisa found in recent archives from Germany. A meal at the Ristoro di Lamole after Vignamaggio is a must. If you are staying in Italy and moving onwards, please try the Barolo region and do not hesitate to visit the Michelin Star Restaurant called il Castello Grinzane Cavour - a majestic location! Just like Chianti Classico!

14. Re: please give me your opinion on these wineries in chianti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 01, 2012