We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Bologna - Chianti - Florence?

Which Greve in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
How to get from Bologna - Chianti - Florence?

Hi,

I will be heading to Chianti from Bologna (Via F. Parri 9, Fiera

Bologna, 40128) for 2 nights and then travel from Chianti (Via Fiorentina, 89 Castellina in Chianti) to Florence. Is there any bus I can take for a more direct travel?

I am currently intending to take a bus from Bologna to Siena and then cab down to Chianti. For the next leg, I can't seem to find any buses that goes direct from Chianti / Siena to Florence even though a lot of online resource suggest to take buses instead of train.

Help!!

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
reviews: 226
1. Re: How to get from Bologna - Chianti - Florence?

I found this SITA bus timetable:

www.acvbus.it/orari/365.pdf

Otherwise you'll have to go back to Siena and from there to Florence

www.sienamobilita.it/mappe/Mappa_EXT.pdf

Bye :)

goviola
reviews: 1
2. Re: How to get from Bologna - Chianti - Florence?

We have done this same trip. Take the train from Bologna to Firenze. Then go to the bus station that is just beside the train station and get the bus to Greve. Ask at train station on how to get to the bus station as it is not that obvious.

goviola
reviews: 1
3. Re: How to get from Bologna - Chianti - Florence?

We have done this same trip. Take the train from Bologna to Firenze. Then go to the bus station that is just beside the train station and get the bus to Greve. Ask at train station on how to get to the bus station as it is not that obvious.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
4. Re: How to get from Bologna - Chianti - Florence?

I think govoila means the bus to Castellina, which is on the same route as Greve, but further on. The timetable given in the first reply is the right one and this would be a lot cheaper than travelling from Florence to Siena and then taking a taxi to Castellina. For the retun leg simply take the bus from Castellina back to Florence.

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
5. Re: How to get from Bologna - Chianti - Florence?

There is usually only one SITA bus per day from Florence to Castellina, sometimes none. One option is to take the train from Bologna to Florence, then the bus to Greve where there is a taxi available at Garage Sant'Anna. Or you could take a taxi from Florence railway station to Castellina - that would probably cost about 100 euros but would save a huge amount of time and hassle.

6. Re: How to get from Bologna - Chianti - Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 30, 2012