We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sant Angelo

Which Ischia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Sant Angelo

This reveiw is about Sant Angelo and not about Ischia in general as we did not see enough of it to judge. It seems like a beautiful place.

After a hiking holiday around Naples which we loved we spent 3 days relaxing on Ischia.

I am not saying do not go to Sant Angelo but here are a few things that are useful to know.

Get money out of the wall in Ischia porte because there are not many cash machines elsewhere. In Sant Angelo it is besides the bus stop.

If you can get the line 1 bus as it has half as many stops as the coastal routes. Also about half as many people on the bus. A taxi should cost 40€.

After the bus stop if you are staying up the hill you may want to take a electocar which is like a golf cady. For tourists it costs 10€ to take you anywhere. There seems to be only one company, when we arrived the guy running it was shouting and throwing ghings at one of his workers.

I asked him how much it would cost to take us to our bed and breakfast, he said 10€. I said ok. He said something in his dialect and all his employees laughed.

Our bed and breakfast was very nice, Casa Garibaldi. I would recommend it, but there is a thermal pool, we chose the place wil a pool because our son loves to swim. But when you arrive they expain to you that the thermal baths are forbidden for children except for a few short minutes. Try and explain to your kids that there is a pool, but they cannot use it. After reading why, because of radon gas, infact I don't think it is that dangerous, by the time the water comes out, the level of radon is less than the normal level where I grew up in Cornwall! But you must decide. That is the same everywhere in sant angelo appart from a few pools with sea water.

The town itself must have been very beautiful, but now it is a tourist zone.

The beaches are small pebbles and covered with parasols and sun beds.

But the worst is that the water has a layer of deturgent on  it from all the boats. We found a good place to swim on the rocks on the right of the prominence if it is not too rough.

Everywhere in southern italy I found the people very friendly and the would always say hello and talk ,appart from the Aphrodite spa. I was going to go in but did not bother.  They have so many italien tourists that they do not seem to care.

Having said all that it is a beautiful island and if you like walking I think that there are some great places to stay inland behind sant angelo, with amazing views, where you could pick up the hiking routes. It would be good to visit sant angelo, but not stay there( depending on what you like)

1. Re: Sant Angelo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 09, 2014