We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Driver in Ischia

Which Ischia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
long island, new...
Private Driver in Ischia

We will be coming to Ischia from Naples by Ferry and would like to see a much as we can for the day and we were wondering if anyone could recommend a private driver to meet us at the ferry when we arrive to take us around.

Another question would be if not a private driver will there be taxis available when we get off the ferry?

Thanks so much.

St Paul, MN
reviews: 6
1. Re: Private Driver in Ischia

There were taxis at the ferry port.

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Private Driver in Ischia

If I'm not too late with this, taxis licensed by the Comune of Ischia offer a fixed price tour of the island - 80 Euro for three hours, including stops.. the last item on this list:

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/136481940

We've done it once with friends who were briefly visiting from Sorrento, and it worked surprisingly well... although a bit expensive if only two of you?

The rank is at the shore end of the hydrofoil quay... otherwise, a day-long ticket for the island buses costs 6 Euro, from the booth at the nearby depot!

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/beginisc

Peter

long island, new...
3. Re: Private Driver in Ischia

Wow, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much Peter. That helps us so much and no, you are not too late. We will be there the end of September.

We we be arriving in Naples by cruise ship and I understand the ferry to take us to Ischia is right there when we get off the ship. There will be 4 of us so the cost is fine. The 3 hours will be great because we also want to spend some time in Negombo.

This is our plan. I hope I am correct in assuming that the taxi can drop us off at Negombo at the end of the 3 hours and then after we spend time there again I am assuming there will be taxi's available there to take us back to the ferry to return to Naples.

We are all really loking forward to seeing Ischia. Hope the weather the end of September will still be warm to enjoy Negombo.

Thanks again Peter.

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Private Driver in Ischia

That sounds a great plan! And yes, we've always seen a line of taxis waiting outside Negombo...

Might be an idea to download a copy of the island magazine - August's is currently at the head of the list, here:

ischianews.com/it/…2.html

Hope you'll have a lovely day, September's a gorgeous month:

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/pics_sept

Peter

Edited: 11:56 am, August 09, 2012
5. Re: Private Driver in Ischia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 11, 2013