We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campania>artecard Ischia

Which Ischia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
Campania>artecard Ischia

Today the Artecard website is showing a new version of the card, aimed at those who visiting Ischia from May 1st onwards....

www.campaniartecard.it/eventi.cfm?id=38

It lasts for 5 days, and seems a little expensive at €28, however the Italian version of the announcment also mentions transport - and 5 days' use of the buses here would otherwise cost some 15 Euro.

So perhaps, on top of La Mortella at €12, the Pithecusae museum at the Villa Arbusto at €5, Viscont's 'La Colombia' and the Torre Guevera, that's about right?

More details eventually, no doubt!

For photos of most of those sites, and other places around the island, start here...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/recisch&view=tree

Peter

Washington, DC
reviews: 127
1. Re: Campania>artecard Ischia

Peter, thanks for all the great info you constantly provide, and the great photos too... Really helps us planning our April trip.

Isola d'Ischia...
2. Re: Campania>artecard Ischia

My pleasure - it's gratifying to know they're of interest!

Having read that you'll be here on Good Friday, I wonder if you've plans for that day? If not, then perhaps you might enjoy the procession that our neighbouring island of Procida puts on that morning...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/procida1

As well as the ferry - whose dawn departure is a bit early - one or more of the tour companies usually organise a boat trip, although they rarely put out much publicity...

Otherwise, that same evening, over in the town of Forio, on the west of the island, there's their "Actus Tragicus" - a re-enactment in period costume of the Via Crucis. Haven't been to that, but as ever someone on Youtube has....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65_8V1vtq1g

Bit early yet for details, but give me a nudge nearer the time if you want to know more...

Peter

Scotland
reviews: 17
3. Re: Campania>artecard Ischia

Hi, Is this purely for use on Ischia? Not for Sorrento / Pompeii / Naples too? Suppose that would be too much of a good thing!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
4. Re: Campania>artecard Ischia

There is already a 3 day all around Campania card that would include Naples and other sites nearby. I guess this one is for folks staying on Ischia for 5 days and not going to the other places.

Edited: 7:02 pm, April 27, 2011
Isola d'Ischia...
5. Re: Campania>artecard Ischia

From all I've read, it's for Ischia only - but no one has seen one yet...

Checking that page again, it appears the launch date has been pushed back to May 10th, so - guesses aside - we'll have to wait a bit longer to be absolutely sure....

Peter

Scotland
reviews: 17
6. Re: Campania>artecard Ischia

Hi, Intend to get the three day card, which I learned about in the forum. I find trawling through the postings a great help and pick up lots of useful info so thanks to all who post.

Isola d'Ischia...
7. Re: Campania>artecard Ischia

And today it's finally launched....

http://www.campaniartecard.it/ischia/

Translation of all the details eventually, no doubt, but the benefits include:

_ Free access to the 3 sites:

Villa Arbusto and the Museo Archeologico di Pithecusae

Giardini La Mortella

Villa La Colombaia

_ Transport - on the EAVBUS system on Ischia (otherwise €16, including the price rise due here on 1st June!)

_ Reductions at...

Giardini di Ravino

Museo del Mare

Castello Aragonese: (caffetteria and bookshop)

Torre di Guevara

Parco Termale Giardini Poseidon

Parco Termale Castiglione

Parco Termale Negombo

Parco Termale Tropical

Parco Termale Aphrodite

Parco Fonte delle Ninfe Nitrodi

Shops etc displaying the logo of the campania>artecard

"Strada del Vino" on Ischia (10% on tastings etc)

_ Valid for 5 days

_ Price: € 28

Peter

PS.... They've a leaflet - here...

…erpx.it/pdf/brochure_38_cac.pdf

Edited: 10:06 am, May 18, 2011
Isola d'Ischia...
8. Re: Campania>artecard Ischia

Just a bump for this, and to say that - as far as I've seen - the scheme is set to run only until 31st October....

http://www.campaniaartecard.it/ischia/

.... but I'm open to correction on that!

Peter

9. Re: Campania>artecard Ischia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 21, 2012