We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time are the last ferries to Ischia from Naples

Which Ischia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
reviews: 1
What time are the last ferries to Ischia from Naples

I wonder if anyone can help us. We are planning on spending the first week of our honeymoon in Ischia at the end of May, in a hotel near Forio.

We are just trying to figure out the best flights for us to get but I am really struggling to see when the last ferries are from Naples. If there are late ferries then we can get a much cheaper flight!

Thanks in advance for your help

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
1. Re: What time are the last ferries to Ischia from Naples

By far the best flights to get are those that arrive and leave around mid-day! Most airlines seem to do two round-trips per day and - although usually the dearest - those are much convenient with the sea trip to do.

At present - although things will probably change somewhat once the season starts - the last crossings from Naples, all of which arrive here at Ischia Porto, are:

19:00 Ferry - Medmar

19:20 Ferry - Caremar

20:10 Hydrofoil - Alilauro (but Mon to Sat only)

20:30 Hydrofoil - Caremar (Mon to Sat only)

21:55 Ferry - Caremar

Expect the ferries to take some 90 minutes, and the hydrofoils around 50-60... with those Caremars all stopping in at Procida along the way.

Try here for a few more details I've put together - the Alibus, where in the harbour in Naples each type of vessel uses, etc...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/gettingtoischia

There's been talk of reinstituting the service that left Naples at midnight but, with an arrival just before 2 AM, that was really no way to start a vacation!

Similarly, you'd probably be best to pick a matching flight back - getting to Naples much before 09:00 takes a very early start...

During the day there are also a few Alilauro hydrofoils that run to and from Forio which - although the island's only 7 miles across - might be handier?

To see their current timetable, use the "Orari del Golfo.." link you'll see next to the red symbol here..

www.alilauro.it/index.php?lingua=english

(The version there at present covers just January!)

And, for all too many pictures of the island, start here....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/allaboutischia

The alternative of course is to make a stopover in Naples, which some visiting friends have enjoyed making a day out of.....

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/mainlynaples

Peter

Southampton, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: What time are the last ferries to Ischia from Naples

Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for your help, that was so much more information than I was expecting and will be very useful.

Just one more thing, do you know roughly how much the ferries cost to help me budget for the trip!

Thanks

Laura

Isola d'Ischia...
3. Re: What time are the last ferries to Ischia from Naples

My pleasure!

Varies slightly line by line, but on the hydrofoil it's about €16 Euro each way with Alilauro (€17 to Forio) and, by ferry, more like 10-12 Euro - at present....

Definitely worth doing one direction at least by ferry - especially on a nice day - as the views of the coast are quite wonderful, and photograph better from the slower vessels.

There again, the hydrofoil's not bad either....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/125491341

Peter

Isola d'Ischia...
4. Re: What time are the last ferries to Ischia from Naples

Hi! For your Pompei question of today...

Particularly if you've stayed anywhere near the station, taking the train from Naples will probably be easier - leaving your bags either at the hotel, in the LLO in Naples station, or taking it with you and stowing it in the free one at Pompei...

Nap...

www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/index.jsp…

Pomp - on the English version of this, if you have more luck in getting it to work than I am at present...

www.pompeiviva.it/pv/it/serviziofferti.htm

If you've picked somewhere near the port, and can either leave your bags there - or at the port's LLO if it's open, then the SITA bus solution suggested partway thru' reply # 5, here, might be better..

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187786-i1888-k421…

And that's also how I'd recommend doing it in the event that you do decide to wait and go from here... although that would of course cost another 70 Euro or so for the round trip by hydrofoil!

We've not used a guide, taking a decent guidebook instead - and there are audioguides you can hire, as also described on the official website.

OK?

Peter

For things to do on Ischia, have a look here....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g580214-i10609-k44…

and also at the various photos here..

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/iscstars

and here...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/allaboutischia

Isola d'Ischia...
5. Re: What time are the last ferries to Ischia from Naples

Their hiccups seem to over now, so look for "CLOACK ROOM" at the end here:

www.pompeiviva.it/pv/en/serviziofferti.htm

... and, for Audio guides, here...

www.pompeiviva.it/pv/en/audioguide_pompei.htm

Peter

Isola d'Ischia...
6. Re: What time are the last ferries to Ischia from Naples

This may also be of interest, launched today...

tripadvisor.com/…33330918

Peter

7. Re: What time are the last ferries to Ischia from Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, October 12, 2012