We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Villaggio Sabbie Bianche

Which Parghelia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bourne
Hotel Villaggio Sabbie Bianche

I would like information on the area and Hotel Villaggio Sabbie Bianche, in the Parghelia - Calabria region of Italy. We are thinking of taking our holiday there in May.

Thank you

LONDON
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hotel Villaggio Sabbie Bianche

Hi Jonsur i have book to go to the same hotel and have tried to get some information about the region.

i have frends that have stay in the sister hotel in sardina which is very good.

The staff were very helpful there are lots of activies to do there.

This hotel has only just been taken over by aurm hotels maybe why there is lack of informatiom on it.

if you do have any luck my email is mariadaley@hotmail.com

east lexham
reviews: 2
2. Re: Hotel Villaggio Sabbie Bianche

Hi Jonsue

did you go to Villaggio Sabbie Bianche and if so what was it like please?

I am thinking of going in October?

Many thanks

Devon England
3. Re: Hotel Villaggio Sabbie Bianche

I have just returned from a September holiday. Hotel advertised as a 4 star. It is a 2 star.Web site states 2 bars-there is only one with no lounge.It ran out of beer for 2 days and Brandy for 3 days. Other drinks such as Tia Maria, Jack Daniels, Drambuie were never replaced. Only explaination from the Staff "There are difficulties"

A Boutique is advertised--N0NE. So is a Beauty Centre-NONE. Archery-Not functioning. No shop b ut you are told that you must wear a bathing hat in the pool which can be purchased from this none existing shop. The nearest Village is 8 Km away so take plenty of money for taxis. Take a Mac in case it rains as you could well have a fair walk to the dining room. You will get a plastic bracelet with a bar code on it. You deposit money so that when purchasing from the Bar the bracelet is swiped and your account debitted. There are no cash transactions and at the end of your stay if you are in credit Aurum Hotels keep the money.You have to sign that you agree to this. Catch 22-- No sign, No bracelet, No drinks.

You should lose weight though with the food that is served.

Beach is excellent and the Region delightful.

Stratford-upon-Avon
4. Re: Hotel Villaggio Sabbie Bianche

We stayed in the above village in May 2007. We had a fantastic holiday. Ok, the villas were very basic but clean and were mopped and cleaned with fresh towels daily. The food was great and our holiday revolved around eating times. I am a very fussy eater but there was plenty of choice in the somewhat noisy dining room. Once you had mastered the Italian eating habits, i.e. pasta or risotto as a starter, followed by a meat or fish course (or both if you so desired) with salad and vegetables followed by a dessert (usually a piece of cake) and finished off with fruit (apples and oranges) all washed down with unlimited wine or water, you were well and truly satisfied. That was dinner but lunch was virtually the same with ice cream instead of cake. You could help yourself to as much as you wanted as often as you wanted. The waiters continually cleared the plates so no-one knew how many times you had helped yourself! There were plenty of sun-loungers both on the beach and around the pool and in the eveninig the night life centered around the courtyard outside the dining room. The only drawback was that the entertainiment was all geared to the Italians but it was great to absorb their way of life. There were only about 25 Brits there and the rest were Italian.

We would certainly go back again but are probably going to another Aurum Hotel in Sardinia next year.

Sue

UK
reviews: 23
5. Re: Hotel Villaggio Sabbie Bianche

I really loved it here. Also stayed May 2007. Rained for half the week - really hot when the sun came out though.

You get what you pay for. It was really cheap, beautiful location, only a few mins from THE most beautiful small town in Calabria (Tropea). Share a mini bus hire with other residents.

The downside is this year 2008 Aurum hotels have wacked their prices up. Now if I was paying full wack for this hotel I would start moaning about broken paving slabs etc.

We have visited many of the Aurum group of hotels and loved them, because they were the cheapest holidays in the most beautiful locations. We will not be using them again unless they drop their prices back down.

6. Re: Hotel Villaggio Sabbie Bianche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:34 am, October 02, 2009