We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

andros here we come!

Which Andros hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 5
andros here we come!

Dear all,

we are visiting Andros for the first time this September (third week). Just wanted to know if it is reasonably easy to transfer from Athens airport to Rafina and then again from Gavrio to Batsi (and back again). The travel company has quoted 140 pounds for taxis which seems very steep to me. We are travelling on weekend. I'd appreciate any advise anyone can offer us

Thanks for you help....

London, United...
1. Re: andros here we come!

There's a bus from the airport to Rafina and it takes 45-60 minutes, that's all I know!

Lancaster, United...
reviews: 96
2. Re: andros here we come!

Hi there;

We're just back from our ninth trip to Batsi. The price you've been quoted is totally out of order - daylight robbery. The bus from the Airport to Rafina leaves from just outside the Sofitel Airport Hotel - the first bus is at 06.10 and after thet there's a bus about every hour. It takes 40 minutes and drops you at the port. It costs 3 Euro each. The return buses are timed to meet the feries so there's no problem. A taxi from Gavrion to Batsi costs 10 Euro and takes 10 minutes; the bus is cheaper.

If you want any more info about Batsi please contact me.

Cheers,

Malcolm

3. Re: andros here we come!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Andros