We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

Which Naxos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
reviews: 86
Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Also, anyone else realize there are TWO "Naxos" forums on here?

los angeles
11. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

glad to hear it's all downhill there because you can always TAXI back with all that beer, right donny?? :) LOL

so I can stop bothering you, do you think I'll be more than satisfied with Mirandi on my honeymoon based on its location, or should I look into another hotel of your recommendation?

Thanks again so much!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
12. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

Yes, you can always take a taxi if you've had one too many Mythos beers!

It would be a tough call for me to recommend the Marandi, having only seen part of its property from the road and having never stayed there, rather than recommending other hotels. I just briefly scanned a few of the Marandi's reviews, and it certainly has received a lot of praise. From the reviews, it sounds like it might be a perfect place to stay during a honeymoon. What I can say about the Marandi is that the location is fine. The property would offer some beautiful views of the sea and Naxos Town, and it's sort of halfway between Town and the long stretch of gorgeous beaches beginning with Agios Prokopios. In other words, it's relatively close to everything good about Naxos while being away from the hustle and bustle of Town. If you don't have a rental car, though, you can expect having to walk 20 to 30 minutes to reach beaches and restaurants, or take taxis to get to/from Town. This has never been a big deal for us -- we don't mind long walks or taxi rides -- but for some travellers we realize this could be a huge turn-off.

The Kavos Suites had similar outstanding reviews last year when we booked a room there for our holiday in May. Based on those reviews, and the fact Kavos was the Number 1 TripAdvisor-rated hotel on Naxos at the time, we had high expectations when we arrived after a week at the Petasos on Mykonos. But we felt very disappointed and let down. We thought the Kavos was only okay, and definitely not as fabulous as many travellers had written in their reviews. Even while staying there, we spoke to at least two other couples who raved about how much they liked the place, but we just didn't find it was anywhere near on par with the Petasos and couldn't see what all the fuss was about. We didn't find our room comfortable at all, we thought the hotel food was okay but very pricey (breakfast was not included in the room rate), and we switched hotels after three nights. We relocated down the road to the Lianos Village where our very basic (and considerably cheaper) room was significantly more comfortable and enjoyable.

During our week on Naxos, the brand-new Lagos Mare was opening up approx. a 15-minute walk away. It looked like it was going to be an attractive, upscale hotel (it certainly looked like the owners were spending a lot of money on it), but we didn't get a chance to see any rooms -- just the lobby, which was nearing the end of construction and still not completely furnished and decorated. It did look very nice, though -- and certainly was the nicest looking hotel interior we'd seen on the island. Lagos Mare is situated a very short walk to Agia Anna, but is not located on the beach and so would not offer great views; there is a main road on one side of the hotel, and other hotel buildings on the opposite sides of its property. The photos on its website depict a very luxurious, well-appointed hotel, but the reviews on this site generally express considerable disappointment with this particular hotel. It looked promising as a luxury resort, but so far sounds like it's failing to live up to that promise.

If I was trying to find a Naxos hotel for my honeymoon, I would carefully read all the reviews for the Marandi, Kavos and Grotta, and for all the other top-rated hotel properties on the island, and see if the things other travellers commented on dealt with the specific expectations I would have for such a special vacation. Then I'd choose the hotel that sounded the best for what I was seeking.

I personally don't think you'd walk into any hotel on Naxos and say "Wow!", as you might on Mykonos or Santorini. Many of the newer hotels are in locations that wouldn't offer sea or sunset views, and with their basic traditional decor many others won't blow you away with the swish reception lobbies and ultramodern room and spa conveniences you'll find on Mykonos. (On one of the days we rented mountain bikes, we stopped at more than a dozen different hotels on the edge of Naxos Town, not far from the Marandi, and near Agia Anna, to check out the lobbies and pick up brochures or business cards with the hotel website addresses. All the places were very clean and nice, but none were as beautiful and luxurious-looking as hotels we've seen on Mykonos.) But if the hotel you choose has predominantly favourable reviews on this site, I think you'll be happy with it. And though your jaw won't drop when you walk into the reception area, you will, however, say "Wow!" when you see the beaches and sunsets on Naxos, or take a drive through the mountains!

los angeles
13. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

wow donnyb! I mean, your posts never fail to be a great read, well thought out and very, very insightful. Thanks so much!!

The Grotta seems nice, but on other sites I've seen has been classified as a 2-3 star place - given your description of even Naxos' nicest places, I see what you mean.

Lagos Mare - I saw their website and my jaw dropped. However, I agree, it does seem to be getting relatively negative and disappointed reviews, so I will not chance it.

Everything I have read about the Mirandi, except the occasional negative review among 15 glowing ones, leads me to believe it will be a great stay so I do believe I will book there. The Petasos seems that it will be over the top and fabulous, while the Mirandi will have a very small, personal feel too it. I like the juxtaposition, as I feel both places will offer unique, different experiences of Greece; while also sort of representing both islands in and of themselves...

Thanks so so much donnyb for the time and effort, much appreciated!! And hey, if I don't like it, I'm staying at 4 other places on this honeymoon, right? Hehehe

14. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town