We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Length of visits x So. Cyclades island hopping

Which Naxos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfax, Virginia
reviews: 32
Length of visits x So. Cyclades island hopping

My husband and I are scheduled for 2 weeks of island hopping in September.

We've been to Athens & Mykonos before, so want to try Santorini, Folegandros, Paros, AndiParos & Naxos.

I was thinking of 2 nights in Santorini, 2 in Folegandros, 4 in Paros, 2 in AndiParos, and 4 in Naxos.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how long we should stay in each place, along with hotel recommendations?

Since it will be in mid to late September, do we need to make reservations for all islands, or just Santorini?

Thanks so much for your help!

linda

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 306
1. Re: Length of visits x So. Cyclades island hopping

we stayed 3 nights on mykonos, paros, naxos santorini and 4 on crete. we did all of our travel through agean theasaurus...barbara, she is doing our greece trip for september. she is great and all the hotels were perfect. not too expensive and they were all in the best spots. enjoy

North Berwick...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Length of visits x So. Cyclades island hopping

Good selection of islands but, may be ambitious in terms of the number of them.

Whilst ferry connections should be plentiful, unless you are travelling overnight, you will lose 1/2 days of your holiday at each transfer.

Not all ferries will leave early in the morning, possibly middle of the day, with hotel transfers to deal with on arrival.

Preference would be:

Santorini 4 days

Paros/A.Paros 4days

Naxos 6 days

alternative would be to swap Folegandros for Paros as, Paros , in our view is similar to, but not as good a destination as, Naxos.

For ferry schedules, check

www.gtp.gr

For hotels, check the forums as their are many recc'd with a range of reviews.

Personal preference on Naxos is Alkyoni Beach Hotel,

www.alkyonibeachhotel.gr

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Length of visits x So. Cyclades island hopping

It's a good selection of islands which would be easier if you had 3 weeks....The only thing to note is that Folegandros does not have regular ferry services, no problem getting there but it is a bit easier on a flexible schedule (connections are usually via Paros or Santorini), and 2 nights is just not enough to see the island, you need at least two days to have a wander along the old cobbled tracks that still exist on the island and a day on the beach relaxing, so that is about 4 nights min.

The other islands are easy peasy ferrywise so you can just bung these in more or less at random.

I can't help much with hotels as I always just arrive and then look for a small hotel or 'rooms for rent' place in each village on the islands, this will be OK by mid September even on Santorini.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 306
4. Re: Length of visits x So. Cyclades island hopping

paros was one of my favorites, we rented a motor bike and scoured the hillside villages. we seemed to be the only ones there. we stayed in naoussa, great place. enjoy

Fairfax, Virginia
reviews: 32
5. Re: Length of visits x So. Cyclades island hopping

I really do appreciate all your feedback; it's priceless!

Based on your info, we've decided to forego Folegandros on this trip.

I'm still open to any further feedback anyone has for Santorini, Paros, AndiParos, and Naxos.

Efcharisto!

6. Re: Length of visits x So. Cyclades island hopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town