We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average price of a reasonable breakfast lunch supper

Which Naxos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario canada
reviews: 20
Average price of a reasonable breakfast lunch supper

Hi,

I am trying to plan a budget for our trip. I have never been to greece or Europe. so this is all new to us. We are a family of 3, 2 adults and one 10 yr old.

If any one could fill me in on an averge price, for a breakfast, lunch, and supper., I have no idea what the prices are like.

I am guessing cheaper than Maui? and more expensive than Mexico.

We are planning to go to Naxos for 3 weeks, most likey May of 2012.

Thank you

Philadelphia
reviews: 3
1. Re: Average price of a reasonable breakfast lunch supper

Never been to Maui OR Mexico.

In May, with a 10 year old, St. George Beach is perfect... lots of kids to play with, sandy, shallow enough that water is warm. Look at places like Villa Naxia, Studios Thomais, Sun Beach, Studios Calergis, right on beach w. patios or balconies w water view. I would recommend these with "self-catering units" that have a BR, main room w. daybeds + kitchenette niche. THat way you can fix your own breakfasts ... and lunches if you wish. Small local shops have great produce, fruits, fresh bread, cheese, divine greek yogurt. AND you can save on the biggest restuarant expense-- Coffee (it's 2-3€ in cafes). Here's my Guesstimate:

BRKFST - self-catering .... €2 each. At a cafe? €4 - 6

LUNCH - self-catering .. €4 each At a cafe € 7 - 10

DINNER -- I always "eat out", Naxos Town and St. GEorge Beach have many, many informal "tavernas" the red-checked-tablecloth restaurants with hearty traditional foods (plus burgers & fries for balky kids). A typical adult dinner of shared (Large!) greek salad, plua meat & veg plate & a glass of wine = €10-14 depending on your choice of main dish. Portions are ample.

The only really expensive menu item is fish -- the Med/Aegean is almost "fished out" so any major fish like cod or bream will end up costing you €30 or so ... Fish like salmon & swordfish will be frozen. Best seafood buys are grilled or fried calamari or octopus, or sardines or Marides (tiny fingersized white-bait), or a mixed dish like shrimp & pasta.

Harare
2. Re: Average price of a reasonable breakfast lunch supper

What is the cost for Lunch and Supper in Accra Ghana hotels?

ireland
3. Re: Average price of a reasonable breakfast lunch supper

just back from Naxos(2 of us)...didnt go out for breakfast,went to a nearby bakery to get bread,a roll cost 50cent,took cereal and teabags with us.most restaurants had ads up fo breakfast for 6-7-8 euro.Omellettes on menu cost about 4-5 euro.

For lunch sometimes we just filled a roll with tomato,ham ,cheese.from local supermarket..1.5l water 60-70 cent..botl coke 70cents.

other times called to a cafe..e.g On St.Georges beach we went to Trata cafe twice..a club sandwich there cost 5.50euro,which also included loads of fries...enough for 2 unless you were very hungry.Greek salads cost 5-5.50euro.The expense really is in the drinks..like a coke was 2,beer 3.-3.50.

For dinner we usually shared a starter(5-6euro),2 mains(8.50-11 each),beer(3-3.50) or quart or half carafe wine(5),large water(1.80)bread(2)

you need to tell them you dont want the bread otherwise they just bring it.

You can drink the water there so you can ask for tap water.Fish cost about 14-15 euro...usually went to icecream(waffle House) for a cone (1.80)

2 chairs and umbella cost 7 euro,but if youre going in May alot of cafe/bars dont charge you if you buy a drink.busses around Island cost 1.60 or a bit more for longer journeys

Quad costs 15euro per day,bike 5.Ferry from Piraeus to Naxos cost 31euro

Hope this helps

.Scirocco is a great restauant;,we met a swedish couple there with 2 kids,maybe 10 and 15 and they loved the Flamingo.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
4. Re: Average price of a reasonable breakfast lunch supper

bizosHarare ,

You will do best posting in the Ghana forum.

5. Re: Average price of a reasonable breakfast lunch supper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, October 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town