We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent hotel for stay in Newport News near University

Which Newport News hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 103
Decent hotel for stay in Newport News near University

My husband and I are coming to Newport News for 3 nights at the beginning of August. Has anyone found an interesting hotel to stay in that wont be too far from Chris Newport University?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Ranson, West...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Decent hotel for stay in Newport News near University

Hi Dublinlass!

I personally prefer either the Point Plaza Hotel or the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites (they are right across the street from each other). They are only about 3 miles from CNU, have excellent AAA ratings, are both full service hotels, & both have a restaurant on site, indoor pool, exercise room, & business center. Not sure how many people are in your party, but they both have standard rooms & larger suites too. In addition the Point Plaza also has a BBQ Pavillion, free WI-FI, a beautifully renovated lounge, a free DVD library & board games for guests, discount tickets to various attractions, & their pool has outdoor sundecks. I know the Point Plaza also offers a discount if you mention you are coming to CNU, definitely an added bonus!

Here are the websites:

http://www.pointplazasuites.com/home.shtml

ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/phfnn…

And here is CNU's local accommodation page to see their other recommended hotels at a glance as well:

…cnu.edu/visitingCampus/accommodations.cfm

Enjoy your visit! Let us know if you will have time to sightsee or do anything in the area as well & need any further info!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 103
2. Re: Decent hotel for stay in Newport News near University

Thank you so much for taking the time to write back so quickly. I am actually involved with a charity called Operation Smile and their student conference is taking place the first week in August and we are sending 27 students and sponsors over.

It will just be my husband and I staying at the hotel and from your recommendation I think we will choose one of the two hotels you so kindly mention.I am not sure if we will have too much time for sight seeing as the conference is pretty full on.

Thank you again!

NEWPORT NEWS, VA
3. Re: Decent hotel for stay in Newport News near University

Another good site to check out is www.newport-news.org, which has a complete list of Newport News Hospitality Association hotels. If you do have some extra time, there's also a complete list of attractions and a calendar of events. A great place to start your visit when you get to Newport News is at the Newport News Visitor Center located at exit 250B off Interstate 64.

4. Re: Decent hotel for stay in Newport News near University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 18, 2010