We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeing Hands Massage: Euro Cafe

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville
reviews: 6
Seeing Hands Massage: Euro Cafe

Amazing Massage had by both my girlfriend and I yesterday in Granada. 60 minute massage for 15 dollars. Supporting blind residents of Granada who have been trained in massage. One of the best massages I've had in my life. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone!!

Coral Springs...
reviews: 33
1. Re: Seeing Hands Massage: Euro Cafe

I visited Seeing Hands Blind Massage on 12/26/12 and received a massage from Juan Carlos. I was excited to patronize this business and help the employees in their quest for self sufficiency. I had read about it in my Lonely Planet book.

Seeing Hands is located in an outside, upstairs porch area of the Euro cafe. There are a couple of beds sectioned off by curtains and there is a strong fan to keep you cool. They ask you to get completely undressed. The first 30 minutes of my massage was fine, however, I became increasingly aware that it was going to turn unprofessional. Juan Carlos, who wore dark glasses and used a cane as many sight impaired people do, began to massage me in a place that is not normally massaged. It became apparent that he was getting aroused and attempted to touch me in an area that should never be touched in a professional massage. Furthermore, he bit me on my chest, twice.

I am a regular customer at massage parlors and have never experienced anything like this. Although it may be common in some establishments amongst consenting adults, I was not there for this kind of massage.

I am a female that travels on my own and know that I need to be careful when traveling to developing countries. I also do not speak Spanish. After the massage, I paid and went back to my hotel. I was very uncomfortable with the situation and needed to get out of there immediately. The next morning I went back and spoke with the receptionist Joman (not sure of the spelling) about the incident. When I returned home to the states, I emailed Jack Morgan to inform him of what had happened to me. Mr. Morgan appears to be somewhat in charge of Seeing Hands. He emailed me once to tell me that due to the holidays this situation would not be addressed immediately. I emailed him again in January but have never heard back from him.

I am sure that many people have received professional massages from Seeing Hands, however this was not one of them and left me feeling very uncomfortable for being put in this awkward situation. I feel very strongly about warning other women that something like this could happen to them at Seeing Hands Blind Massage.

Edited: 3:34 pm, February 15, 2013
2. Re: Seeing Hands Massage: Euro Cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 17, 2014