We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What does Granada Hipica entail?

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 31
What does Granada Hipica entail?

I had to change my dates to Grandad to Aug 17-19 - which I think coincides with Hipica - Horse Week??!!! What exactly is this? I do not really like horses - will the town be overrun? Will there be crowds everywhere? I might have to make Granada a day trip if its super busy and filled with people and horses everywhere!

Thanks for any light you can shed on this event :)

Nicaragua
reviews: 46
1. Re: What does Granada Hipica entail?

The Hipica is a yearly even about the same time of year and it is part of the local festivities in honor of its patron saint the Assumption Virgen at the Xalteva church. The Hipica is a horse parade, there is normally about 2500 horses that go on a parade that starts at the Baseball stadium and finishes at the Lake this even takes about 3-4 hours, thousands of people will be on the streets showing off thei best outfit for this time of year.

Granada, Nicaragua
reviews: 38
2. Re: What does Granada Hipica entail?

The day of the virgin is the 15 but celebrations will take place with the horses and thousands of people on the 19th, normally this horse parade will take place on the next sunday after the celebration. 17th and 18th will be normal day but with a lot of parties in mayor discos on the 18th

Boston...
reviews: 31
3. Re: What does Granada Hipica entail?

Oh sounds perfect then!!! Thanks :)

4. Re: What does Granada Hipica entail?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 am, June 21, 2013