We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety of student groups

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich...
reviews: 3
Safety of student groups

I would like to bring a group of high school students to Granada for 2 weeks to participate in a community service type project with a local school. I spent 1 month in Granada in 2008 and loved it. Needless to say parents are concerned about safety. I am a seasoned traveler and have lead many student tours. We have made arrangements to rent a group of Condo's at Casa Xalteva. Any suggestions or comments to help answer the concerns of the parents?

Mil Gracias

Boston...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Safety of student groups

Maybe the local school would be willing to write a letter to the parents.

Nicaragua
reviews: 38
2. Re: Safety of student groups

They will be fine, there is lots of group slike yours that come to Granada to participate in different projects

Granada, Nicaragua
reviews: 1
3. Re: Safety of student groups

Nicaragua has the second lowest crime rate in the Americas! I live in Granada and I think it may be one of the safest places I have ever lived (caveat- most of my previous living places were in NYC which isn't exactly the safety capital of the world).

Granada
reviews: 1
4. Re: Safety of student groups

I have arranged student groups without any problem. One important aspect is the maturity of the students - if you really want to you can get into trouble.

US
reviews: 27
5. Re: Safety of student groups

As you check the the state department website and you will find out that it one of the safest country south of the us border

Granada, Nicaragua
reviews: 38
6. Re: Safety of student groups

the best way to tell those parents to be calm is to check web pages like interpol, unicef, etc and you´ll find info that mention that nicaragua it is one of the most safe countries in america as well as the safest airport in centralamerica, so don´t worry enjoy the trip, travel in groups and thanks to come here and help the country the needed people will be thankfull.

7. Re: Safety of student groups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 13, 2011