We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Is Koh Changs Nightlife Like?

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
What Is Koh Changs Nightlife Like?

Hello all,

This coming Friday myself and my family(9 in total) are starting our winter adventure, we are flying via abu dhabi on etihad airways and then onto Bangkok before finally ending up in Koh Chang on the 24th which we will be staying until the 2nd.

We are all looking forward to it but there is just a few questions id like answered if at all possible, ok here goes:

We are staying in the Grand Cabana Hotel & Resort, is it any good?

What is the night life like in Koh Chang as my bro(27), sis(32), cousin(33) and myself(24) will definately like to have a good night spot(s) to go too whilst there?

Do you have any suggestions where to go for a night out?

I am a little worried there will not be much to do in the night time although im sure the Island itself will be a very pictoresque place indeed and am eagerly looking forward to relaxing in the sun with a cocktail/beer in my hand.

I hope to get a reply before i depart.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

p.s, we are from london by the way.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
reviews: 6
1. Re: What Is Koh Changs Nightlife Like?

Grand Cabana is nice enough. Nothing spectacular but you'll be able to console yourself with the fact that you're on the same beach with the same views as folks paying three times as much for a room at the Amari. Plus it's easy to wander in and use their 50 metre long pool as Grand Cabana's is nearer 10 metres in length.

There are a few small restaurants nearby - including a couple on the beach north of the Amari & VJ hotel. but for a good choice of bars, shops etc it's best to wander along the road south to Kai Bae, 10 -15 minutes walk away.

Alternatively, just catch a pick-up truck taxi up to Whitesands for a night out - plenty of restaurants & bars to choose from

London
reviews: 1
2. Re: What Is Koh Changs Nightlife Like?

Thank you very much for that fast and speedy reply sir.

I am eagerly looking forward to getting there now, just getting my last buts and pieces together as ya do.

Sounds as though we are in a good location, ive read reviews saying Whitesands is good for a night out, is it far from where i am staying though?

that 10-15 mins walk is not a problem at all and look forward to having a little wander during the day.

Whats the sort of prices are we talking for drinks(alcoholic of course) on the Island just out of curiousity plz?

Are there any places to eat/drink on the beach front?

I am really looking forward to the seafood as its an Island, King prawns are what i can't wait to devour.

from the weather forecasts i have seen, it has been like 90F over the past few days, now that is what i am looking forward to, please say it is going to be a nice hot end of December and New years eve?

I hope to hear from you again before i leave and i thank you again for your reply Ian.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
reviews: 6
3. Re: What Is Koh Changs Nightlife Like?

It's a bit windy now so although the sun is out, it's a bit nippy with the windchill - maybe around 25C instead of early 30s.

Whitesands is good - Sabay Bar on the beach, Oodies for live music, Texas Steakhouse for a chunk of good steak, Invito for very good Italian food, Cookies for good value Thai food on the beach. Plus plenty of small bars to choose from

Beer is from around 40 - 100 baht for small bottle and 70 - 120 for large depending on how much decor you want with your drink. In small , no frills, Thai restaurants expect to pay 50 baht for a big Beer Chang ( 6.4% alcohol - drink with ice as it's like paintstripper if it gets warm.)

Sabay Bar is pricey - but you pay for the Tiki Bar atmosphere, Easter Island statues and Filippino band.

On the beach on Kai Bae try KB Resiort or Kai cBae Beach for good beachfront restaurants. Near Cabana - Magic Resort has a restaurant over the water. North along Klong Prao beach KP Huts has good food and Baraccuda beach bar always gets rave reviews.

4. Re: What Is Koh Changs Nightlife Like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ko Chang