We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oualidia Beach

Which Oualidia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
reviews: 3
Oualidia Beach

is the beach good for sunbathing and swimming or better for sports that benefit from a windy environment? we went to other places that are really windy and that makes it impossible just to relax and read a book?

22 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: Oualidia Beach

Tiny place. The river meanders and runs parallel to the ocean before breaking through at Oualidia. The estuary has exposed sand banks at low tide and as the tide comes in you can surf within the estuary. Some pics: http://looklex.com/morocco/oualidia.htm

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
2. Re: Oualidia Beach

Oualidia is great for relaxing and reading a book.

Oxford, United...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Oualidia Beach

Thank you Tim for both your replies. Reason we are looking at Oualidia is a great villa we saw advertised. We are family of ten looking for relaxing summer break next year with lots to do for kids across age group 6-15 but prefer not to go to a hotel. Would another beach be better in your view? Really appreciate your comments.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
4. Re: Oualidia Beach

As heresmyreply says, it's a great place for relaxing. It really is a beautiful setting, and there's quite a lot of watersport activities. The lagoon is wonderfully safe for swimming when the sea is rough. Bird watching for those that are interested.

No organised activities that I can think of in the surrounding area, though you could do a day trip to Safi (famous for its potteries) and another to El Jadida.

Personally I'd head for Mirleft/Legzira/Sidi Ifni where there's a lot more going on, but still relaxing.

Plymouth, United...
reviews: 47
5. Re: Oualidia Beach

Can you get there by public transport -buses, communal taxis etc, possibly from Essaouira. Any good recommendations for hotels. I like hot and cold running water and sit-upon toilets. Thanks, Marion

6. Re: Oualidia Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:37 am, October 29, 2013

NB
reviews: 9
7. Re: Oualidia Beach

You can come to Oualidia by bus or taxi. You'll need to walk down towards the lagoon to find several hotels in different categories. L'HIppocampe is right at the beach and very relaxed.

There are enough restaurants to choose from, a large lagoon with spots out of the wind but on the other side also the very wild and dangerous ocean. All swimmers should keep in mind: most dangerous are sudden strong currents. Just mind the flags and coastguard and you'll be just fine.

London, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Oualidia Beach

Hello everyone, I have a question I will be travelling to Morocco on the 26th of September and I will stay there till 2nd of October.

I want to visit Oualidia Beach on the weekend of 28/29th , do u think the weather would be good by the end of September and will it be safe?

Thank u

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Oualidia Beach

Jane, weather in Morocco is unpredictable like anywhere else. You will just need to check weather conditions a day or two before you plan to come to Oualidia.

Safe? In what way do you mean?

Casablanca, Morocco
reviews: 22
10. Re: Oualidia Beach

I guess safe because this period is out of holidays .. maybe

Jane I guess it will be ok

Edited: 7:03 am, August 30, 2013
Reply to: Oualidia Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oualidia