We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating at Mt Vernon Inn for Lunch

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 58
Eating at Mt Vernon Inn for Lunch

It looks like they don't take reservations for lunch, and they stop serving lunch at 2:30. According to a review by a visitor on a Sunday, when they tried to go to lunch at 1, they were not able to because the line was so long.

I need to take a work conference call that would be done at 12:30, and then 10 minute drive to Mt Vernon, but it would all be on a Friday Oct 29. Does that mean I should plan on not being able to eat at the inn? My husband is vegetarian, so I didn't want to do dinner there as it didn't look particularly vegetarian friendly but would could get by at lunch.

I was really hoping for a "eating in a colonial times" experience, is there another place I might find that if Mt Vernon Inn is a no go?

Thanks in advance!

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 91
1. Re: Eating at Mt Vernon Inn for Lunch

You might enjoy Gadsby's Tavern in Old Town Alexandria. Your husband might have to settle for soup and a salad as its lunch menu is not particularly vegetarian-friendly. But I enjoy the atmosphere and the food. http://www.gadsbystavernrestaurant.com/

BTW, the weather here on Sunday was absolutely gorgeous, so I'm not surprised that there were a ton of people at Mt. Vernon and all wanting to eat at the Inn.

Edited: 11:12 am, October 27, 2010
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 58
2. Re: Eating at Mt Vernon Inn for Lunch

Thank you for the suggestion, it looks like an experience very similar to Mt Vernon Inn, so now I won't feel like I missed out on a colonial experience!

Thanks again

3. Re: Eating at Mt Vernon Inn for Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:52 am, April 26, 2011