We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A weather question

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
reviews: 26
A weather question

My wife and I want to visit the Lexington area but cannot make up our minds whether to visit in mid May of next year or in mid October this year. What will the weather be like at these time and does anyone have any preferences as to which would be the most pleasant time to visit? Many thanks.

Cardi 1

4 replies to this topic
reviews: 18
1. Re: A weather question

We just returned from a visit in May- Memorial Day weekend. The weather was great and it was not crowed because the college students had just departed. (It was unseasonably warm on Saturday but that is 2012 weather). Someone else will need to comment on October as I haven't visited then. The leaves could be beautiful. We tried to visit last fall but it ended up being a parents weekend at one of the colleges and there were no hotel rooms available for miles. We ended up visiting Staunton instead just to get a hotel room. You might want to talk to the folks at the Lexington Visitors Center. They are very helpful. Lexington is a great place to visit.

Edited: 3:58 pm, June 11, 2012
Wales
2. Re: A weather question

Thank you LoveLife 75,

I have now booked a vacation in the Lexington area for early October. Can't wait to return there.

Cardi 1

Virginia
reviews: 1
3. Re: A weather question

Cardi1,

We are delighted you are coming back to Lexington! Safe travels.

Wales
4. Re: A weather question

Thank you very much LexVA,

I am afraid that it's Lexington Kentucky, not Lexington Virginia! However, I'll look up LexVA and maybe my wife and I can pay a visit there some time in the future. We both love the US and have spent ther vast majority of our vactations there over the past 30 years or so.

Cardi 1

Reply to: A weather question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted